Funny H Stories...

Queenie

Holiday Joys!
O.G.
Mar 1, 2006
Yeah she was gorgeous. He didn't recognize her. I can't remenber if Gong Li got something. Anyway, you can see a lot of "stars"in Hermes paris during the christmas time. Last saturday, I saw : Linda Evengelista and her baby, Nicolas Ghesquière (designer of balenciaga),...
:shame:
Linda Evengelista!!! :love:

SP, you got a job that millions of girls would die for.

elizabethk

Workin' on my tan!
Jul 25, 2006
USA
At the bus stop today, lovely blond lady "That's one of those Hurrmmess bags right?"
I politely said yes.
She said "They have pretty things."
I said "Yes, they do." Then I had to catch my bus.

Aug 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
^Love it!

@ my hair salon today:

"wow, I've never seen a red bag like that before. where did you get it?"
"Hermes."
"Where?"
"Air-mess" (thank you air-mess!)
"oh, it sounds fancy..."
"Mmmm, yes, it is."

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
a while back, a former collegue of mine took one look at my trim and said "nice bag... coach?". i just sighed because i knew he was only trying to be nice.

djsmom

O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
I laid my new Birkin on the counter in Nordstrom yesterday and the SA said "excuse me miss, you left the plastic on your bag". I haven't taken the plastic off of the hardware yet so I thanked her and as I walked away I smoothed the plastic back down.

amkur

H.O.P Mommy
O.G.
Mar 11, 2006
in the hills
On a recent trip New York, I was carrying my BJ shoulder Birkin and one of my companions on the trip asked me about my bag. As I was explaining about the leather and Hermes, she said "I thought it was Coach" :rolleyes:

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
DH and I were deciding whether or not to invest in another property .... Basically, we made a fair offer for a property that we both like very much (its got potential for shopmom's dream walk-in wardrobe with a chandelier, and my dream open concept kitchen cum entertainment area) but the seller really wanted to try his luck by asking for more; attempting to talk the price up.

DH does not like to play games, and told the agent "Thank you, but no thank you." I was disappointed that DH didn't want to counter offer a price, to seal the deal. He was disappointed that I didn't support his decision. He then turned to me and said, "the price difference may be small but that's the equivalent of 4 Birkin's." Guess what I said "OK, you've convinced me." :roflmfao:

orchids

O.G.
May 30, 2006
DH and I were deciding whether or not to invest in another property .... Basically, we made a fair offer for a property that we both like very much (its got potential for shopmom's dream walk-in wardrobe with a chandelier, and my dream open concept kitchen cum entertainment area) but the seller really wanted to try his luck by asking for more; attempting to talk the price up.

DH does not like to play games, and told the agent "Thank you, but no thank you." I was disappointed that DH didn't want to counter offer a price, to seal the deal. He was disappointed that I didn't support his decision. He then turned to me and said, "the price difference may be small but that's the equivalent of 4 Birkin's." Guess what I said "OK, you've convinced me." :roflmfao:
That's hilarious! We do Hermes math at home too. :P

A few months ago I was at the Container Store with the Vermillion Chevre and the sweet woman helping me asked me if that was the "Oprah" bag. I laughed and said it was and then she asked to hold it. She was so excited and said, "I have to tell my daughter!" It really made Ms. Vermillion feel like a little celeb for a few minutes there...

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
DH says last night, "I can't wait until you have everything you want from Hermes." Meaning...surely you are almost "done"... LOL...