Funny comment my boutique SA made tonight

CA-Anonymous

Kelly B.
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
So I went to use my PCE tonight and got a different SA than I usually deal with, but this one has been there a long time, so I was really surprised when she made a comment as she was ordering my things.

Let me preface by saying I think I must be the only one here who is not a fan of the Kristin line (don't shoot me OK)? I'm standing at the counter and there's a guy next to me buying a Kristin, I see another customer trying on a Kristin....then I started noticing that a majority of this stores displays are Kristin purses, so (after the guy left) I said to the SA that for some reason I can't put my finger on, I just wasn't a fan of the design, but that I love the softness of the leather. She replied, 'oh yes, it's very soft- called Juno leather, It's from Juneau, Alaska!!!!

As soon as I got home, I checked the Coach website as well as Mapquest to make sure I wasn't nuts, but verified that the Kristin bags are made of JUNO leather and that the city in Alaska is spelled Juneau, so where in the world did she come up with her statement that the JUNO leather is from JUNEAU Alaska?????

Too Funny!!!
I think some SAs don't have a clue!!! I think the Kristin is ok!! I am not totally all for it. I passed on it as well!!!

Can't wait to see the bag you did get!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

I think Kristin is cute and the leather is lovely but I am not all over it either. Then again I am OBSESSED with the Madison line so maybe I just go for that look more.

Some SAs are so ignorant lol. If you are not sure that what you are saying is correct then do not share it! It is like they make stuff up.

Hmmmm.... That's interesting. The SA I delt with on Monday told me the "story" behind the Kristin line. She said that someone who works at Coach went to a flea market or something like that and found an old vintage handbag with the clasp that's on the Kristin. I found it rather interesting-

True? I don't know...

When I saw the Kristen line irl, I didn't like it as much as I did when I just saw the stock photos. I think I wanna try the Ottoman signature Kristen Wristlet though!

That's pretty funny! When I read it was juno leather, looked it up to see what it was... still can't find anything about "juno leather" other than couches and ottomans =/

Hmmmm.... That's interesting. The SA I delt with on Monday told me the "story" behind the Kristin line. She said that someone who works at Coach went to a flea market or something like that and found an old vintage handbag with the clasp that's on the Kristin. I found it rather interesting-

True? I don't know...

That is correct! Or at least I was told the same story. :P I had remarked that some of the bags reminded me of this or that brand, and the manager at the store said that.

Your not the only one OP I am less than impressed with the Kristin line..the siggy fabrics look super faded out. I dont know. I have yet to see the leather, so there is some hope haha