Funky Fine Jewelry?

BagsNBaubles

Bag Stalker
Jun 6, 2012
Does anybody have some recommendations for brands that make fashionable jewelry in real metals? All of the cute stuff I've been seeing seems to be made from plated junk, and I'd like to invest in something nicer. I have metal allergies so I'm wary of mystery metals. My budget is in the under 1k range, just curious if anything like that exists?

radio_shrink

Aug 8, 2011
What exactly is "funky" jewelry to you? When I think "funky", I think of bold statement pieces with lots of gold and semi-precious stones used in the design. These types of design in precious metals are usually quite expensive, due to the cost of materials and the abundance of materials in these pieces, so prices under 1k seem unlikely.

If you could show us some pictures of plated "junk" fashion pieces that you like, perhaps we could give you better suggestions for fine jewelry counterparts.

Harpertoo

Feb 5, 2013
Europe
Does anybody have some recommendations for brands that make fashionable jewelry in real metals? All of the cute stuff I've been seeing seems to be made from plated junk, and I'd like to invest in something nicer. I have metal allergies so I'm wary of mystery metals. My budget is in the under 1k range, just curious if anything like that exists?
What type of piece are you looking for? Earrings, necklace, bracelet?
And what metals can you wear?

The quality & $ range for "fashion" jewelry is pretty wide. There are disposable types and better quality plate/ contruction like Ippolita, Alexis Bittar, Eddie Borgo, & Joomi Lim....given the price of gold, a lot of designers are making bold pieces in brass. Take a look at Jennifer Fisher. She does a lot of great cuffs in gold and most recently plate & brass.

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Planet Earth
Jennifer Fisher makes funky jewelry. She has some brass stuff under 1k.