Functional Tote Bag to gift mom

aderynamara

Oct 16, 2016
Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a functional tote/work bag to gift my mom. As I've never bought any designer bags, was wondering if you all had any pointers on bags you've used and liked before!

My mom currently carries a Longchamp Le Pliage large tote, which the right size for her. She likes the 1) classic, simple lines, 2) that there aren't any large, flashy logos, 3) a zipper or something secure to close the bag, 4) but doesn't love the lack of organization inside the Longchamp. I'm looking in the $200-1200 price range, open to anything that works. I've seen the LV Neverfull, the Saint Laurent one, and the Tory Burch Perry tote, the Goyard one, and although they're all beautiful bags, they kind of have the same, one big open compartment problem with no zip. I'm also pretty sure she doesn't like the properness and formality of the Prada tote or the YSL Sac de Jours (pretty casual California workplace). She's kind of petite (5' 3''), so a shoulder tote like the Tory Burch Robinson doesn't work well for her.

Does anyone have brands or specific bags ( :yahoo:) to suggest? Thank you in advance.

I'll look into it! This exact style probably not, she doesn't like pockets on the outside, but it looks really good quality. I'll have a look through their other styles. Thank you!

Shinola makes gorgeous, high quality bags in the U.S. Their zip satchel ($795) sells out constantly, but might be perfect for what you're looking for. I also love Fount--High quality, yummy bags, no hype. A little Boho. If you want to spend a little less, and something more feminine, all of the Kate Spade totes have lots of clever dividers and organizing pockets for $200-$300.

Last edited: