Fun Ferragamo Stories

Cordelia47

Nov 24, 2013
For all of you gals out there who think our Ferragamo's are not getting the love, recognition and well deserve attention they should, here's a story for you!

I was in a Louis Vuitton store yesterday, just looking and comparing wondering what all the hype was about since I couldn't even afford a used one on Ebay. The salesman had brought me two bags that I was checking out and as he did I laid my 20 plus year Ferragamo, black, cross-body purse on the counter. All of a sudden a customer,who had just entered the store, ran up to the counter and grabbed my bag assuming that it was one of items the salesman laid out for display and said, "this is exactly what I am looking for"!!!! The salesman, service associate as they are called, laughed as I did and gently placed his hand on my purse indicating that it was my purse and not for sale. There I was looking a $2220.00 purse, that I could never afford, and a stranger carrying a $2500.00 purse wanted my 20 year-old classy Ferragamo. Wow, that just said it all to me, I went home that night condition my Ferragamo and thought to myself I bet this purse will last me another 20 years. Have a great day my Ferragamo girls and remember that we are carrying some of the best leather in the business.

Cordelia47

Nov 24, 2013
And now, as they say, the rest of the story.....
I purchased this little vintage beauty on Ebay and I haven't had much luck yet getting the vintage Ferragamo's authenticated since I have just recently become a member. I don't know the name of the bag, or when it was made; I think they call it a Kelly but I really don't know. So I am hoping against hope that I am not posting pictures of a counterfeit bag. Thus the explanation for posting so many pics. If you can tell that this is definitely counterfeit please let me know and I will have this entire thread pulled. If it is real and my strongest instincts tell me it is, well we have the beginning of some very funny Ferragamo stories. Thank you for your interest, Kathy

Attachments

• IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0461.jpg
    IMG_0461.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 351

rabbits

Aug 12, 2011
Beautiful bag. You've just inspired me to get mine out of the wardrobe. Adding on to the funny stories - my previous company organises regular public image and grooming training for staff (we are in PR) and once during these sessions, I had my ferragamo shoulder bag.
The trainer noticed it and asked "is that a Ferragamo?" and proceeded to borrow it as she drummed into us the need for a professional black bag - ending with "of course, it needn't be a Ferragamo."

Serva1

Dreaming H
O.G.
Dec 31, 2009
One of my aquaintances, she runs a company that imports Gant clothes and home items to my country, is addicted to Hermès and we discussed our H bags, when she suddenly saw my Ferragamo Sofia bag in astrakan ( black lamb). She shouted out "and your carrying Ferragamo!!!" and pointed it out to some of her coworkers nearby 😄 It was so funny that she openly admired a bag that costs only a fraction of a Birkin. I handed over my bag and let her try it on. Ferragamo bags are rare in my country, never seen anyone else carry a Sofia. This episode shows how underestimated these bags are and that it is more the quality and style that attracts, since the brand, even if old and iconic, is not so recognisable to strangers. I love my Sofias and I get a lot of attention when I carry mine.

Cordelia47

Nov 24, 2013
Beautiful bag. You've just inspired me to get mine out of the wardrobe. Adding on to the funny stories - my previous company organises regular public image and grooming training for staff (we are in PR) and once during these sessions, I had my ferragamo shoulder bag.
The trainer noticed it and asked "is that a Ferragamo?" and proceeded to borrow it as she drummed into us the need for a professional black bag - ending with "of course, it needn't be a Ferragamo."
Yes, I think Ferragamo's are underrated but a good classic black bag, even a vintage one, will take you anywhere!

Cordelia47

Nov 24, 2013
One of my aquaintances, she runs a company that imports Gant clothes and home items to my country, is addicted to Hermès and we discussed our H bags, when she suddenly saw my Ferragamo Sofia bag in astrakan ( black lamb). She shouted out "and your carrying Ferragamo!!!" and pointed it out to some of her coworkers nearby 😄 It was so funny that she openly admired a bag that costs only a fraction of a Birkin. I handed over my bag and let her try it on. Ferragamo bags are rare in my country, never seen anyone else carry a Sofia. This episode shows how underestimated these bags are and that it is more the quality and style that attracts, since the brand, even if old and iconic, is not so recognisable to strangers. I love my Sofias and I get a lot of attention when I carry mine.
I haven't yet had the good fortune to purchase my 1st Sofia but it is on my dream list. But thanks for the comments.

Kath

Cordelia47

Nov 24, 2013
Ha! my dad worked for ferragamo. When I was 11 I had 24 pairs of ferragamo shoes. I was the sample size...
This thread has reminded me how great they were. Now off to look at the website.
I read somewhere, in one of my research frenzy's, that years ago when the raw "skins" arrived at the market, Hermes had very first pick....but Ferragamo always got second pick. Has anyone else read that? I am trying to find the quote and where is was said. I know I read it, I just want to me sure it was a creditable source. May be the lady with the Birkin was closer to the truth than we realized!!!!