Fun at Prada Yesterday

^ I have alot of Chanels and ALOT of Pradas.In all honesty..I think you are better off with the E/W Black Gauffre..Mine are really versatile..I adore all of them..especially the E/W shape.(have it in brown and Blush..)

Minette: Definitely get the black Prada e/w...You will love it, and I will love it b/c you will post great pics and I can sit here and drool!!!! I have the same bag Jill does..the blush (cera) color..There are other members who own it as well (bisbe & snowwhite I think..) We all LOVE it!!!! I am officially enabling you!!! :P

I agree with Jill and Emmy and...

Black e/w is the way to go - I also have this bag in blush and I absolutely LOVE it! Love it with the strap worn cross body, love it carried in hand or on the arm - it's just an incredibly elegant bag!

I was going to leave mine home (going to Hawaii this weekend) but I just can't...it's coming with (along with a blue Prada leather tote for every day and an LV black epi pouchette for evening) - that will be my bag wardrobe for 2 weeks!

Minette - I'm with you on this one as I'm looking for a classic black bag as well and am seriously considering the gauffre e/w satchel.
Much as I like Chanel, the Prada just has that edge in my view. I've just got to track one down now...

Thanks Emmy and Bisbee! I think I've been leaning toward the Prada over the Chanel all along... "versatility and edge" factors AND just the sheer beauty of this bag! Not that Chanel classics aren't beautiful -- it's just that my jaw really dropped at the Prada store when I had the satchel my hands. This always happens to me -- I have one bag in my head and then I go a different direction!

Now I just need to repeat 1,000 times... "Must stick with black. Must stick with black..."

OK, Sarajane, we've been admirably enabled! The rest is up to us!

Well...all I can say is it will be $$ well spent...And I totally agree w/ fact that this bag def has that 'edgey' look....I really hope you two get it...I'm sure you won't have any probs finding it..if you do, there are enough os us here that can help......just post!!! THe more I look at the black e/w..the more I want it...but I will hold out for fall bags to see what Prada comes up with...hopefully!:graucho: Go for it ladies!!!

I've almost ordered the black gauffre about 3 times today but I'm trying to hold out until next week when I can get into the Nice store. I'm still torn between the gauffre, the antic cervo and the Miu Miu bow satchel, all in black. I love the bow satchel in cera, I'm using it all the time at the moment. My thinking is, it is so much cheaper than the Prada but - I really want one of the Pradas. Think I'll just be playing safe if I go for the Miu Miu.

Minette - I am so glad - you're so like me! I know I should be buying a black bag as it's all that's missing from my collection, but I've got a horrible feeling I'll walk out with camel or brown or even the orange nylon gauffre!!! I find myself thinking 'hmm, camel can look great in the winter too"!! We should go shopping together and make each other stick to black.....

Oh! I'd love to go shopping in Nice with you Sarajane, but then I'd have to give up the bag. It's either air fare to Nice or the Prada e/w satchel -- but not both--not this month!

I'm afraid I'll walk out with ivory or blush or something like that... I love ivory, but I want black...

SaraJane do you have any pics of you with the black bow satchel??

Hi Minette - my bow satchel is the off white one. I have posted pics of it in another thread but not me wearing it. I am very technically challenged when it comes to pics. Do a search though because I'm sure I've seen modelling pics of the bow satchel.
I'm definitely leaning towards the e/w gauffre in camel!!! Must keep my 'it's supposed to be black' mantra going.

I FINALLY got to see the Bow Satchel today while in NYC... stopped at Miu Miu. They had the smaller one (which was BIG) in off white -- Gorgeous, fun bag! They only had the black in the large which was huge. Loved the off white, though!

Yep, she's a beauty. Here's mine. It's the smaller size and is just right. The bigger is one is more like a weekender.
Great colour though isn't it, I love the cera. The sun is finally out here (this is the UK remember!) which is probably why I'm hankering after a camel gauffre.

Attachments

• Miu Miu 1.JPG
    Miu Miu 1.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Miu Miu 2.JPG
    Miu Miu 2.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 21