Full restoration, is it possible?

I-shop

Aug 1, 2007
Ok..I just put my name on the list for 35 Birkin Etuope last night :wlae:..and it will be my first Birkin :yahoo:hopefully I can get mine soon since I'm so :drool: looking at tPFer gorgeous Birkin.. but at the mean time.. I'm thinking about purchasing pre-owned Kelly, but here's the thing.. the corner is already rubbed off.. do you think I can send this to hermes for full restoration?? And anyone know the cost for it? and how long?? Sorry for asking so many qs.. just hop on from Chanel forum :heart:

Attachments

• Condition report 342.jpg
    Condition report 342.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Condition report 345.jpg
    Condition report 345.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 80
This damage is pretty intense, they may even sent it to Paris, and it could take a while (4-6 months). The re-furbish prices start at about $100, but if they ship it to Paris, I was told it would be more.

Hello, just my two cents worth.. I don't see anything major here at all...you just need some touch up over the rubs...Your rubs do not look they involve stitching or bag stablity.... I would be surprized if your bag was sent to Paris...Just a regular spa treatment would cover the rubs and that should be about 80 bucks and (depending on how backed up they are before they get to your bag) the work it self shouldn't take more than 25 mins to complete. Heck if it was my bag I'd just do it myself...but that's just me. Best of luck :o)

I just dropped off a Brown Kelly bag for corner wear and I thought the corner wear was pretty intense too but Claude said it wasn't bad at all and that they'd be able to fix it. The fee for spa treatment was $100 and 5 weeks wait. It should be done in about 1 or 2 weeks. Maybe the corner wear on your Kelly is not considered bad either. By the way, it looks like a gorgeous shade of red!!

If you feel more comfortable, you could email Claude the pictures and he can tell you for sure. He doesnt have email, but the receptionist who answers the phone at Madison does, and she can give you her address and show them to Claude.

Seriously! Isn't this one of the best things about our investments in Hermes bags? We can wear the hell out of them, get them serviced for a resonable fee, and they come back gorgeous and ready to wear! :choochoo:

I just dropped off a Brown Kelly bag for corner wear and I thought the corner wear was pretty intense too but Claude said it wasn't bad at all and that they'd be able to fix it. The fee for spa treatment was $100 and 5 weeks wait. It should be done in about 1 or 2 weeks. Maybe the corner wear on your Kelly is not considered bad either. By the way, it looks like a gorgeous shade of red!!

I have to say, I'm really impressed. For the way they can fix these bags up, $100 is nothing!

I-shop, I was at Madison the other day chatting with Claude and he was working on a really really beat up croc kelly...laboriously stitching it back together!! now THAT is major work. You should see some of the things they get in there. Really really horribly shaped and beaten stuff, but if they can do it, they will be honest and tell you they can. If they cannot, (usually light damage to bright colors, HOLES, i know. but it has happened to a friend of mine...child with the hole puncher, and dryness/cracking) they will tell you right there..so no need to lose a bag for 6m.

It's one of the best things about H...post purchase service.

I-shop, I was at Madison the other day chatting with Claude and he was working on a really really beat up croc kelly...laboriously stitching it back together!! now THAT is major work. You should see some of the things they get in there. Really really horribly shaped and beaten stuff, but if they can do it, they will be honest and tell you they can. If they cannot, (usually light damage to bright colors, HOLES, i know. but it has happened to a friend of mine...child with the hole puncher, and dryness/cracking) they will tell you right there..so no need to lose a bag for 6m.

It's one of the best things about H...post purchase service.

:wtf:HOLE PUNCHER?!?!!:wtf: