Full length newspaper feature on the iconic 2.55

blackmango

O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
Hi ladies, wanted to share an article in my local newspaper...a full page feature on why the 3 writers (all under 24) are so keen on getting a 2.55.... each elaborated that its because (a) the 2.55 a power symbol (b) its a bag for life and (c) its a lifelong dream of owning one......

i noticed that the demographics of a chanel bag-owner/lover seems a lot younger than 10 years ago... admittedly, i feel that the hollywood celebrities/socialites pictured carrying chanel (mischa, jessica alba, lindsay, the hiltons, the olsen twins, etc) as well as the faces of official chanel campaigns (diane kruger, keira knightley, etc) have contributed to appeal to the younger generation...

and chanel (or should i say karl lagerfeld) is just so brilliant for successfully appealing to the young without alienating the established crowd...there's a lust-worthy bag every season, and even bags several seasons old are still so in demand...just sharing my thoughts.. :smile:

Attachments

• UrbanArticle-Chanel255170408-1.jpg
    UrbanArticle-Chanel255170408-1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 337
blackmango, I didn't know you're in Singapore too. LOL I read that in Urban this morning..Don't you think they were confused about the 2.55 reissue and the classic flap though? They kept mixing it up IMO

Oh wow. If the price of the bag is 4k, it would take me over a year to save up for such an iconic bag. 3 Chanels later, I still have yet to owe a 2.55 :sad: Thanks for the article from Urban. Have yet to read it. The scanned picture has very fine prints. Difficult to read lah...

I've seen this newspaper too and borrowed it from our reception after hearing from my colleague that they have featured abt bag goodies...hehe

Anyway, jus a heads-up, they mentioned abt the reissue flap new retail price in singapore, will be around USD4270 and the new east west black tote will be ard USD4045.....goodness, i definitely can't afford them anymore.

I guess the only choice for me now is ebay or consignment shops...that's so sad....sigh!