Full credit or 40%?

mama0306

Sep 26, 2007
Incase you don't know I sent my Ali in for repairs but I told them I wanted a full credit if she couldn't be fixed. Now I'm kind of wondering if I should have done that OR gotten her back regardless and just taken a 40% coupon.

The next bags I want are: Med black leather ergo (as an everyday, when I need a black bag, bag), possibly a white pebbled ergo tote (both the ergo's are in the outlets), black ergo pleated satchel (depending on how she sits on my are, I may just go with the black leather ergo but I'm loving this bag), maybe a bridgit (I really want platinum but I know they're limited).

I love Ali but I don't want to deal with her possibly breaking and a full credit would be nice. Ali's just an all around great bag, very classy and goes with a lot. I'm not like heartbroken she's gone but I'm afraid I'll kick myself later.

WWYD?

i don't think you get to 'decide' whether you should get a full credit or 40% coupon..? when you send in a bag coach usually tries to repair it and if not depending on the condition and number of years..they will either issue a letter of percentage off or credit..often its for full..sometimes partial..and its up to them at the repair center to decide..

what was the repair for?

The leather splitting near the O ring.

The SA said "Do you want the bag back? If they can't repair it but you want the bag back they'll give you a 40% coupon for another bag" OR she said I could get a full credit (and they keep my Ali). She said she's notate at the bottom what I chose to let them know.

She hasn't sent it off yet, they go out on Monday's. I could still get her back and not worry about the leather splitting but it does bother me.

That's a hard one. I guess if you know you could still use the Ali and love her and would miss her, then go for the discount. But if you get full credit I think that's $498 credit plus tax. It's all up to you and what you are comfortable with. :yes: They have never asked me either, they have just given me the full credit, and said they would keep the bag for 30 days, so maybe if you call and say you want the bag that is when the usually offer it? :shrugs:

i'm surprised she said that.. usually when i handle repairs i would go into the system and check off any boxes that apply (e.g. stitching, turnlock, etc) and if there was a special case i'd hand type it in..i suppose in that area she could say something along those lines but i'd never say that to a customer because there are no guarantees. if the bag was brand new (e.g. less then a couple of months) then the manager would have the option of just giving the customer a new bag if its still available to order

otherwise everything is out of our hands..

i don't think you get to choose the forty percent or full credit (but i could be wrong)..i do know that you could call them within fourteen days of receiving the letter of credit and let them know you'd want your bag back but forfeit the credit..

i'm surprised she said that.. usually when i handle repairs i would go into the system and check off any boxes that apply (e.g. stitching, turnlock, etc) and if there was a special case i'd hand type it in..i suppose in that area she could say something along those lines but i'd never say that to a customer because there are no guarantees. if the bag was brand new (e.g. less then a couple of months) then the manager would have the option of just giving the customer a new bag if its still available to order

otherwise everything is out of our hands..

i don't think you get to choose the forty percent or full credit (but i could be wrong)..i do know that you could call them within fourteen days of receiving the letter of credit and let them know you'd want your bag back but forfeit the credit..

Do you know if it matters if it has the outlet bullseye on it or not? :shrugs: I am assuming since the outlet prices totally vary on the same bag from time to time, you still would get back full retail, or how does that work? TIA! :tup:

The leather splitting near the O ring.

The SA said "Do you want the bag back? If they can't repair it but you want the bag back they'll give you a 40% coupon for another bag" OR she said I could get a full credit (and they keep my Ali). She said she's notate at the bottom what I chose to let them know.

She hasn't sent it off yet, they go out on Monday's. I could still get her back and not worry about the leather splitting but it does bother me.

It bothers me too, I believe it's repairable, whether Coach wants to or not. It's a urethane glue. I like Ali too much to give it up. I haven't seen anything comparable . . .

Do you know if it matters if it has the outlet bullseye on it or not? :shrugs: I am assuming since the outlet prices totally vary on the same bag from time to time, you still would get back full retail, or how does that work? TIA! :tup:

:/ we rarely get factory bags brought in for repairs..so i have no idea as i've never handled one.

bags brought to factory often have a set MFSRP (i always get the initial wrong, apologies in advance) when they're first placed onto the floor..you can see it says "regular price" versus "factory" price and from that price they'd have percentages off or pen in a lower price price for the bag..but i think if its been so long that they have no record of your purchase or if it was a gift they'd start at the factory MFSRP and from there depending on how worn the bag is and the condition the bag is in when sent..they would decide on the amount of credit (or make things easier, 40% letter)

:/ we rarely get factory bags brought in for repairs..so i have no idea as i've never handled one.

bags brought to factory often have a set MFSRP (i always get the initial wrong, apologies in advance) when they're first placed onto the floor..you can see it says "regular price" versus "factory" price and from that price they'd have percentages off or pen in a lower price price for the bag..but i think if its been so long that they have no record of your purchase or if it was a gift they'd start at the factory MFSRP and from there depending on how worn the bag is and the condition the bag is in when sent..they would decide on the amount of credit (or make things easier, 40% letter)

Gotcha' :tup: I have only had retail bags repaired, so I have wondered how that worked. Thanks! :yes:

Now I'm wondering if I should go get her back.

I mean I LOVE Ali she's a great bag but at the same time I don't want a defective bag either...seems like if they can't/won't repair it but I wanted it back I should be able to have the bag and get something since it didn't uphold like it's guaranteed to. It's not a fluke...everyone (just about) has noticed their Ali doing this to some degree, obviously a manufacturing flaw.

I don't know now!

Now I'm wondering if I should go get her back.

I mean I LOVE Ali she's a great bag but at the same time I don't want a defective bag either...seems like if they can't/won't repair it but I wanted it back I should be able to have the bag and get something since it didn't uphold like it's guaranteed to. It's not a fluke...everyone (just about) has noticed their Ali doing this to some degree, obviously a manufacturing flaw.

I don't know now!

Well, if it were me I would leave her there and see what they say...then you can decide at that point.. you can always get her back and have nothing lost... if they can't repair her you can choose to get a credit OR you can get her back.. and maybe they will give you a discount too? Not sure.. I totally agree with you though. My mom is still going to take hers in, they didn't end up going out of town so she will be taking it probably sometime next week.

If they offer you a full credit I would take it and get a BRIDGIT in platinum if they still have it.

or you could buy one now and use your credit for something else :devil:.. or buy one now and take the bridgit back and re-buy with your credit (if that can be done.. just to make sure you get one)

I used mine tonight and I am in love! I can't remember who wanted pics of it full but let me tell you how much it holds..

In the back compartment I put in 2 pull-ups and a zip-lock baggy with wipes.. YES.. I had diapers in my evening bag. :lol:

In the front compartment I had

Mini Skinny
Camera
oil absorbing sheets
orbit gum
a really FAT cell phone (Helio Ocean)
Tic tacs
Chanel compact
glossimer
brow pencil
eyeliner
lip liner
Coach perfume spray

I could have put most of that make-up in a wristlet if I had one with me..

With all this it didn't look overstuffed and I probably could have put more.

If they offer you a full credit I would take it and get a BRIDGIT in platinum if they still have it.

or you could buy one now and use your credit for something else :devil:.. or buy one now and take the bridgit back and re-buy with your credit (if that can be done.. just to make sure you get one)

I used mine tonight and I am in love! I can't remember who wanted pics of it full but let me tell you how much it holds..

In the back compartment I put in 2 pull-ups and a zip-lock baggy with wipes.. YES.. I had diapers in my evening bag. :lol:

In the front compartment I had

Mini Skinny
Camera
oil absorbing sheets
orbit gum
a really FAT cell phone (Helio Ocean)
Tic tacs
Chanel compact
glossimer
brow pencil
eyeliner
lip liner
Coach perfume spray

I could have put most of that make-up in a wristlet if I had one with me..

With all this it didn't look overstuffed and I probably could have put more.

That was me (about the pictures).

I just think that bag is SO cute.

I guess I'll wait to hear what happens with her and then decide. Who knows maybe they'll fix it!