Fuchsia will be discontinued

May 8, 2009
I was chatting to my SM just now. He told me that he was informed that Fuchsia will be discontinued in next five years, but they can try to order it via S.O. Have any of you heard same thing?

Last edited:
What? Oh no! NO! NO!

It's one of the BEST colours!

So many women are craving for fuschia and fuschia-like colours, and in every H store where I have been talking about the fuschia-pink-violet topic it is a very well known fact! That would really be a bad marketing decision!

I perfectly know that fuschia is one of the hardest colours to produce, and for this reason I perfectly understand slowing it down, but discontinuing it - stop, finished, over - would be so wrong!

last time I was in my H store they had a fuschia chevré Kelly Wallet with palladium...so stunning! Sorry to be OT, but I had to control myself not to buy it, but the price is a "tad" high so I managed in the end;)

Kat

Hi - I'm still a newbie to TPF so not quite sure how to "link" to another thread an "quote" from another thread etc

This was in the recent "Podium News" thread - post #172 or thereabouts ...

" Hi ladies..today i called my store manager in regards to my birkin order (35cm ostrich in fuschia) and was told that my order wasn't put through because they have decided to halt on 'pink' bags for now (she was unsure why), but she believed that it was because of vic. Beckhams and because of her they have had orders through the roof and cannot keep up with it...any hear of anything similar?? now i have to wait even longer for my birkin! soo saddd lol "

This seems something like what you are referring to?

Pink and purple bags have always been very difficult to get, even pre-VB days. I think they are slowing down fuschia to make way for pink and bougainvilla, which makes perfect sense and a very H way to do things. I think it will be like cyclamen, popular during production, and now tough to get if at all and only through resellers or SO at best. Fuschia has had a nice run, but it's not a "house" color like gold, black, bj or orange. It's another reason why when you see the bag you like at H, it's best to snap it up and not dilly dally around.

well nothing new fushia was always not a regular PO order but the wording of your sm irks me "phasing out in five years" normally these things are not planned that far in advance.
but anyways there is always the SO route

but to answer the question i have not heard the same just the usual that it is not a regular color >(but that it is since the beginning)

well nothing new fushia was always not a regular PO order but the wording of your sm irks me "phasing out in five years" normally these things are not planned that far in advance.

but to answer the question i have not heard the same just the usual that it is not a regular color >(but that it is since the beginning)

My thoughts exactly.

my DH is going tokyo to pick up my fucshia ostrich 30cm birkin and I didn't even ordered he just asked the SA and that was available along with a vert anis and a beige... I guess I didn't make the wrong choice then woohoo

Last edited:
It all is consistent with H. Colors come, colors go. The "phasing out in 5 yrs" is not in keeping with my experience with H though, either.

Yes, I forgot about that detail, they don't plan that much ahead. The only thing is that if a new colour turns out to be very popular they may keep it for a few years (just as it happened with blue jean), so, who knows, maybe this is the kind of process that your SM was thinking about when mentioning the five years thing...:confused1:

lilach said:
"phasing out in five years" normally these things are not planned that far in advance.

I questioned about that. His answer was "that's what I was told when I was in France".
I was like this :wtf: when I heard it.

so, who knows, maybe this is the kind of process that your SM was thinking about when mentioning the five years thing...:confused1:
Sigh...hopefully you are right. I recently changed my order. Now, I wonder when it will arrive. :wondering

I was chatting to my SM just now. He told me that he was informed that Fuchsia will be discontinued in next five years, but they can try to order it via S.O. Have any of you heard same thing?

I was told this afternoon that there is a red being discontinued and will be replace by the new red which has the orange tone on it :graucho: nothin on fushia :graucho: