Fuchsia lipstick!?!?!?!

oh Also NARS has an awesome one..its called Hot Wired. its kind of a gloss but the color is amazing!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P2864&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=3976

its the pot of color on the right

2850028589_932ea677e0_o.jpg

MAC is an excellent suggestion! And be sure when you go to tell the MUA what kind of formula you like (matte, sheer, etc.) as there are tons of choices in each category.

If you are into lip liner as well, I would recommend Trimmed in Pink liner - it is a beautiful bright pink/fuchsia, and it is LE - I bought 2 myself because I love it so much. ;)

ETA: Actually, mommy4luke, it sounds like you are warm-toned...I am also a brunette with an olive complexion, and blue-based colors are generally muc harder to wear for us. If you like lip gloss, I can definitely recommend Pink Poodle by MAC! It is beautiful, and easy for us to wear. It is a very creamy, opaque, fuchsia. I also like Chatterbox lipstick.

Last edited:
^^ I am a brunette with olive complexion warm/yellow toned and have no problems wearing blue based colors.

She is probably best going to try on a bunch of things. At least she will have a few ideas to take with her

^^ I am a brunette with olive complexion warm/yellow toned and have no problems wearing blue based colors.

She is probably best going to try on a bunch of things. At least she will have a few ideas to take with her

Interesting! I wonder how that works - maybe it's something about the amount of yellow undertone in one's skin... because there is nothing that looks worse on me personally than magenta lipstick. :P

Do all of these have to be worn with a liner or is there any brand that goes on really well so you don't need one? I have not bought dark lipstick in 4 years can you tell??

I think that whether or not you need a liner is going to depend on a few things (besides personal preference, of course):

- The shade of lipstick (darker lippies tend to look more polished with liners, but you can likely get around that issue by applying the lipstick with a brush for more precise application)

- Also, if it's a shade of fuchsia that really works for you, you may not need any liner to alter the color at all

- Creamier and/or sheerer formulas tend to be easier to use without liner

- If you want something that doesn't require liner, you might want to consider gloss. Like I said, MAC Pink Poodle is great and so is their newer color Hush Hush Rose (which is also a strong pink but has some shimmer and is a bit less opaque).