Frye Maxine Campus Boots - My first investment piece? HELP!

mmnq

Jan 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

I didn't want to bump an old thread because I'm kind of on a time limit to decide if I want to get these:

http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Maxine-Campus-Boot/dp/B001BK59ZO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Questions:
1. Is this style made in the US?

2. Would they be alright on a PETITE girl?

3. What about a very young looking girl? Will I look like I've borrowed my mother's boots? :sad: (I'm 20, but look about 15 on a good day)

4. In a 5.5, would you say the shaft measures 12" or higher? (12 or lower would be ideal for me) - Some sites state 14" average, while others state 12"

5. Would they be too dressy to wear with faded jeans and a t-shirt?

I will love you all forever if anyone can answer some of these questions for me! Returning them would be quite costly, so I want to be sure they'll work.:flowers:

sirene

O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
I can't answer all your questions, but I can some:
Hi everyone,

I didn't want to bump an old thread because I'm kind of on a time limit to decide if I want to get these:

http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-Maxine-Campus-Boot/dp/B001BK59ZO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Questions:
1. Is this style made in the US? My pair were made in Mexico.

2. Would they be alright on a PETITE girl? I'm 5'4" and they come up to a couple of inches below the knee...I think. I've boxed them away for fall, so I haven't put them on in awhile.

3. What about a very young looking girl? Will I look like I've borrowed my mother's boots? :sad: (I'm 20, but look about 15 on a good day) I think it would be fine ;)

4. In a 5.5, would you say the shaft measures 12" or higher? (12 or lower would be ideal for me) - Some sites state 14" average, while others state 12" I have no idea, but you might want to call the Frye company directly to see if they can check. I did and they were really helpful.

5. Would they be too dressy to wear with faded jeans and a t-shirt? I don't think so, I think they'd look great!

I will love you all forever if anyone can answer some of these questions for me! Returning them would be quite costly, so I want to be sure they'll work.:flowers:

Jan 22, 2008
I ordered these boots, along with a couple of other styles of Frye, last year and decided to send this pair back, but they might work you you.

*They ran small, I would have needed to exchange for a new size.
*They are pretty short, I am 5'8" and they hit me mid calf which is not the look I was going for. If you are petite I think they would probably look better.
*They were a little too plain for what I wanted.

I ended up keeping the Frye Paige riding boot in brown and I LOVE them. I like them so much I think I am going to buy them in black this year, too, because I can't find any boots that even begin to compare. All Frye's are great, and the pair you've picked is very nice if that is the style you want.

mmnq

Jan 18, 2009
Thanks ladies! :biggrin:

Sirene:
I e-mailed Frye and was told the shaft height is 14". I'm thinking they may be a little too high, as my inseam is 28".

Jordanjordan:
Do you remember how small they ran? I'm a 5.5, but I like my boots a tiny bit snug to allow for stretching. I got my Uggs in a size 5.

The Paige boots are the ones I wanted last year, but I decided they would be much too high for my legs. :sad:

sedrosaid

Jun 15, 2009
frye does make a campus boot that is 12 inches. check www.zappos.com for many different styles. there is also comments at the bottom of each boot from customers.
i ordered these boots for myself today. i own half a dozen pairs of the campus 14l boots in various colors and they are great, the maxine will be my first.