Frye campus 14L or 14G

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am debating between the 2. Any suggestion or comments?

I like the classic look of 14L. But as I live in a really cold place, the rubber lug sole of 14G may be very useful. But would it look silly (the picture looks a bit silly to me)? But I haven't looked at them in real life. Have any one compared or tried them both? Thanks!

For color, I am thinking of blazer brown for 14L and brown for 14G. I think the blazer brown color is more versatile. I heard that 14G brown is close to the cognac side, and may not be as versatile. Again I haven't tried them in real life. Any feedback is high appreciated! :biggrin:

http://www.zappos.com/frye-campus-14l-blazer-brown-leather
    http://www.zappos.com/frye-campus-14g

2. I like them both! I know...not exactly helpful here right but I actually have the blazer brown 14L and the brown 14G.

They are different enough to own both. It sounds like you like the classic look more. I don't think the lug sole looks silly, I actually like that more! And brown is very close to a saddle cognac color irl.

Blazer brown is a great rich dark dark brown. It has contrast yellow stitching which I love.

It will all depend on what you would like more. But if you purchase on endless, you can take advantage of the 30% c*shb*ack from bing. The 14G brown is also on sale there too

3. #3 Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    here are some pics to see the comparison.

with flash side by side
    [​IMG]

blazer brown 14L no flash (closer to true color)
    [​IMG]

brown 14G (looks like saddle) no flash (close to true color)
    [​IMG]

hth!

4. wow...from Zappos pics...i would say no way to the G...but after your pics^^^they look great...the lug sole looks really subtle.

5. and to add...i like the lighter color...its such a beautiful color i really think it would compliment both black, brown and navy.

6. You rock! This is very helpful. Thanks a lot! :smile:

7. I second this. I now actually like the 14G very much. Just ordered a pair.

8. I found 14G Brown at around $168 from Amazon.com
    I couldn't find 30% cash back from bing though. The search of 'fry campus endless.com' doesn't produce the 30% off sign.

9. I was so sure I would prefer the 14L more than the 14G, but really they both look really cool, thanks for the pics Kitcat!!

I only have the campus 14L in Banana, but if I were you, the 14G do look pretty handy for the weather where you are! Lots of luck deciding Trojanhorse!

10. I have 14g and love them so much.