Frye Boot Repair

vonvonnie

Sep 29, 2008
I have a pair of Melissa Buttons that I purchased in September (and lost the receipt!) and they have a loose thread on the front stitching. I wanted to return them for repairs but they say without a receipt, I will have to pay.

I wanted to know if anyone knew what a simple thread repair is running these days - is the cost of shipping + repair going to be crazy in relation to what it is (a loose thread). Is it worth it for a Frye repair when it's obvious I'm not under warranty because of a lost receipt, or should I just go local because threads are minor?

I have a pair of Melissa Buttons that I purchased in September (and lost the receipt!) and they have a loose thread on the front stitching. I wanted to return them for repairs but they say without a receipt, I will have to pay.

I wanted to know if anyone knew what a simple thread repair is running these days - is the cost of shipping + repair going to be crazy in relation to what it is (a loose thread). Is it worth it for a Frye repair when it's obvious I'm not under warranty because of a lost receipt, or should I just go local because threads are minor?
Hi Vonvonnie:flowers:
What I do Know is I would Have FRYE fix them since they have a 2 warranty on them from the date of Purchase.
Now that I have said that....
The only thing I do know is FRYE DOES NOT HONOR any Purchase made from EBAY or an individual as a New Purchase but as Second Hand.
And they will not warranty these type of purchases.
But If you did purchase those FRYE Melissa Buttons at any Retailer such as Say Amazon, Nordstroms, Zappos, etc... I do know that you can get another receipt printed from them and then send the Boots in to get fixed!
I have done this several times over the years and never had a problem with Stores or FRYE.:tup:
I also Know That the prices FRYE Charges for the repairs are AWESOME and if they can't repair the Boot they will give you a Brand New pair at no cost.
I hope this helps you!
:ghi5:

I actually got this pair from a local department store, Belks, though they were brand new, I don't know how I might track down the actual receipt. I made 2 purchases that day at the same register, first the boots, and as I was walking away, a last minute frye conditioner. I found the receipt for the conditioner, but not the boots. I have no idea if they keep records in store or what, but I can pinpoint the receipt number, register, and everything- i just cant find it. I do have the original box though - but Frye CS says that's neither here nor there. I would think they could track bar codes to stores perhaps.

I actually got this pair from a local department store, Belks, though they were brand new, I don't know how I might track down the actual receipt. I made 2 purchases that day at the same register, first the boots, and as I was walking away, a last minute frye conditioner. I found the receipt for the conditioner, but not the boots. I have no idea if they keep records in store or what, but I can pinpoint the receipt number, register, and everything- i just cant find it. I do have the original box though - but Frye CS says that's neither here nor there. I would think they could track bar codes to stores perhaps.

Contact Belk. Sometimes stores can look it up for you- maybe you can get proof of purchase that way.