frustrating! designer/ web site help won't answer! about to lose my business

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Alabama
I am getting extremely irritated. Over the summer, on a blog, I came across some casual bags and luggage created by a individual designer. I know she has a store in CA, and a lot of stores in coastal towns carry her designs.

She has an official site, where the bag I want most is in stock, so in the summer, I tried to call her business number to ask some questions about shipping and if other colors were in stock, and it took me to the designers voice mail telling me to leave a message. I left one and never got a call back. Fast forward about 4 months and I still want the bag, so I've tried calling 3 other times, with no answer.:confused1:
Also, on the site, there is a " can't find something? we'll help!" ( well, nohohohoo you won't!) icon, so I emailed them and again... no answer.

I know for a fact they're still selling in these little boutiques here and there,and their site is still up and running, and they're on endless, too, but no one at the dang actual business will answer. They also have a showroom in CA, and I've called that number too, and it's " not a working number".

I don't think they know how much I want it and that they could have some business, but I think this is just outright poor poor service. To not even answer calls when you could be getting business is just.... stupid.:censor:

I would just order the bag off the site, since the site is still up, they must still be selling right? but since I can't get in touch with anyone, it makes me worried that there would be a delay or problem in sending my bag:nono:.
( since it's an individual person and/ or assistants, if they're not there, they won't do anything)

What IN THE WORLD would you do? does this sound.... too difficult to mess with?

thank you for reading all of this!:P

Last edited:

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
i say too difficult to deal with... i'd be worried the bag wouldn't even get shipped... and then what??? i guess you could always do a charge back.... but i wouldn't give someone business who obviously doesn't want it.

Sep 17, 2009
I would be hesitant to order from the website, since they are apparently lacking in customer service.

If you really want the bag, would it be possible to try to locate it with a different retailer (such as one of the coastal stores)?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Alabama
^ that's a really good idea Lindsay! I thought of that earlier but wondered if they would automatically write off shipping it to me.

Do you think if someone had the bag in stock, they would ship it to me?

There's a good many shops in FL and SC, and I'm pretty close to them, so it wouldn't be too far.

It's just really scary ordering off a site like that with no correspondence because I would think they'd take my money out of my account but not ever ship it.

coutureinatl

Jan 31, 2010
Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the company.

I agree with Lindsay to call a store to order it over the phone. It is common for small boutiques to sell over the phone and especially coastal towns who are not in their peak season would love some winter business.

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Alabama
only downside is shipping is kind of over-the-top to have something shipped from a boutique. hmm... exactly HOW bad do I want this? lol

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Alabama
^ I think I am, thanks ya'll.

I really got to thinking about it. The bags have always been kind of expensive for what they are, and it's a situation where you'd have to be really in love with the bag and designs to pay that, and ON TOP of that, if they're not going to answer you, it's DEFINITELY not worth paying that.

They can't ask that much price-wise and have terrible customer service.

I was going to order one from another site or try to find one in a boutique, but I'm so irritated I don't want to give them business.

THANKS ladies! :smile:

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
Georgia
If you find the bag in a boutique, why don't you tell them how dreadful you think the service from the actual designer herself seems to be.
Then ask if the boutique ever discounts the bags.

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
Alabama
If you find the bag in a boutique, why don't you tell them how dreadful you think the service from the actual designer herself seems to be.
Then ask if the boutique ever discounts the bags.

" dreadful" hehe, that cracked me up. That's exactly what the service was.
I did get in touch with people at one boutique who probably keeps the largest stock of the bags other than the official site, itself, but I didn't think to tell them I was dissatisfied.
Then they were gonna ask 16 dollars to ship it ( which might not be much to others) but is more than I'm willing to do.

liveforgucci

Mar 24, 2010
True, $16 dollars isn't much normally.. but I have to admit I HATE paying for shipping. Sometimes I'll be ordering makeup or something online and my order is around 25 dollars but the shipping itself will be $8.95. I usually don't end up going through with the order if the shipping is nearly half the price of the product!

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
That's terrible service.. personally I'd find another bag to spend my hard earned $$ on :smile:

Even if you buy from a boutique, if something goes wrong with the bag, you know the company won't be available to repair/replace or generally stand behind their product..

BTW what is the name of the non-responsive company?