Frustrated with Coach already! How do I proceed?

Nov 30, 2008
Quick post....bought Candace medium online. A very nice TPFer gave me a 25% code so I could get it now instead of having to wait to save more $$.

Candace medium is too big for my taste.

Woud like to see, possibly exchange for the small, but my stores do not have it. I also chatted with Coach and they said the coupon is for one time usage. Could not give me another or assist with a new order/ exchange with a discount.

I cannot pay more for a small Candace than I paid for the medium one and I can't get the store to try to accept it for me either since they don't have the bags! I'd have to return and repurchase but at a higher cost which just doesn't seem right.

Any options/ suggestions?

Wow, that is odd. My FP store has always told me that if you buy something at a discount and return it to by something else, they would honor the discount on the new item. In fact, I have used this to buy things with 25% off when no sale was running.

Quick post....bought Candace medium online. A very nice TPFer gave me a 25% code so I could get it now instead of having to wait to save more $$.

Woud like to see, possibly exchange for the small, but my stores do not have it. I also chatted with Coach and they said the coupon is for one time usage. Could not give me another or assist with a new order/ exchange with a discount.

I cannot pay more for a small Candace than I paid for the medium one and I can't get the store to try to accept it for me either since they don't have the bags! I'd have to return and repurchase but at a higher cost which just doesn't seem right.

That's BS! I just bought a bag last PCE (fabric black Isabelle) and decided to exchange for leather. My store didn't have one and had to call a store in AZ to hold it until I called to pay for it. My store asked them to honor the PCE price (over the phone) and they did. I'd call another store or ask for a manager because I know that they can.

pm me! I can share a pce code with you if you want to order online!

like pp said, a store WILL honor the pce discount if you return. coach phone/online customer service won't, I believe.

You usually get better results in a store than online. I don't see why a store can't order you one at the discount. I think you have to keep trying until you talk to the right person.

Thanks. This was the online chat that I used so maybe they were confused. I am going to take the bag back to my local store anyway to return so if you say they can do it there, I'll see what they say. If they refuse then I guess I'll take my $$ elsewhere but at least I know that it can be done.

pm me! I can share a pce code with you if you want to order online!

like pp said, a store WILL honor the pce discount if you return. coach phone/online customer service won't, I believe.

Thanks so much for the offer Lyndsey. I just PMd you. I think it would be much less troublesome to just place another order instead of trying to get the store to do it, much less make the time to run up there quickly.

You usually get better results in a store than online. I don't see why a store can't order you one at the discount. I think you have to keep trying until you talk to the right person.

Exactly. Ask to speak with a FP store manager, explain your situation, and ask them to order a bag in for you. They should be able to process this as an exchange on your existing order, so the disct would still be applied and a refund given to you for the difference. I have had FP stores do this for me several times.

A good store manager will want your loyalty and long-term business, especially given that financial sites currently report that Coach is losing market share vs Michael Kors, *Kate Spade, and Tory Burch. Best Wishes, and hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the offer Lyndsey. I just PMd you. I think it would be much less troublesome to just place another order instead of trying to get the store to do it, much less make the time to run up there quickly.

I realize it's a hassle, but would probably be worth it. If you go in store, they'll process your return for you, instead of sending the bag back to JAX yourself (at your expense) and waiting 2-3 weeks for the credit to process (I think that's their typical timeframe). And FP will give you the 25% off. Actually, they'll probably just do the entire transaction as an exchange and you'll just get the difference (btw. the two bags) back. Good luck!

My suggestion is to order through the FP stores (even for something found online) and give them the code. When it comes up as used, they should offer to put in their store code (if they're a good SA). Keep trying until that works. Always good to find an SA and place orders through them IMHO. They have ability to ship to store and waive shipping/rush shipping charges. Just my $0.02.

The chat representatives on coach.com do not work directly for Coach and are not allowed to give (or have access to) codes to give. But if you call CS or go to a store they would probably let ya use it for an exchange.

Thanks for your help all! I just went ahead and ordered the smaller Candace so I can get it on it's way to me since I won't be able to get to the store until the weekend. I do plan to go anyway to return the medium one so I'll ask for future reference while I am there in my local store. Want to look at some sunnies anyway :cool:

My experience with JAX is they will not honor the coupon on an exchanged item even if the item is the same price. I find that to be crazy and annoying! I'm glad you found another code.