frustrated, no words can describe.

writtenstars

shopaholic :)
Jun 14, 2009
I got a watch today, the one that i told you the seller was looking for more shipping costs?

Now, i received it, to my dismay, i found 3 places on the face of the watch that has scratches on it.

I emailed the seller, telling him that there are scratches on the face, and i would like a partial refund, as scratches were not mentioned in the description. Attached are the photos of the scratches:sad:sorry for my bad photography skills)
DSCN3118.jpg

DSCN3120.jpg

See how there are white streaks on the black? the scratches are quite deep too

He told me to use sand paper on it.
I told him, that i would not do it, and the watch already looked like its been scratched on the floor. He replied saying that i should use polishing equipment. And again, i explained that it is a scratch, and cannot be removed.

I had high hopes for this watch, i love it, and it took me some time to have the courage to buy it. now i have a watch which looks like its worn, and not loved by the previous owner. What am i to do?

they told you to use sandpaper on it ????????????? jeeez !
like caannie says why not ask for a replacement ? or i would open a SNAD if you can't live with the scratches.

i sent another email regarding a replacement, and he still insisted me to use 1200 sand paper and polishing material, he said regarding the 1200 sand paper, since it is so fine, it can be brought back to brand new! (i do doubt that really, its plastic!!)

i can live with the scratches, but i asked the seller for a partial refund, as it really does not look new.

i'm guessing this isn't how the watch appeared in pics? if so, file a SNAD, escalate and get your money back. i hope you paid with a CC...

Yes, file a SNAD and get a full refund. :yes:

You shouldn't have to accept a watch in such poor condition, writtenstars, even with a partial refund and as for telling you to sandpaper/polish it; the seller is not only dishonest, but is obviously, also, crazy! :wacko:

chloe: but i love it :crybaby::cry:
DH was also a bit angry with me because i am settling for such a bad watch. i was so happy for myself when i had the courage to get it, but now, another smashed dream :sad:

^ Well, maybe ask him what the condition of the other black one is and say that, unless it's in much better condition than this one is, there is really no point in doing the exchange, so please can he check it carefully and get back to you?

I assume he probably won't want to waste his time and money sending you an exchange, just to get it back again?

If you do decide to risk the exchange, make sure you don't run out of time to file a dispute, just in case it takes a while.

In fact, I'd probably file it before returning the watch (the seller won't like it, but oh well!).