Frustrated...and strayed

Sorry. Obviously, I should not drink and drivel. Yes, I bought a croc bag that is not Hermes and I am agonizing about whether to return it or take it on the icky summer travels to destinations involving critical extended family and grease, thereby sparing the H bags I love from filth and scorn, but subjecting me to a non-H existence.

LOL. DWI - drivelling while intoxicated.

It depends how much you like or dislike the bag, aside from the H snobbery/cachet. If you like the bag purely on its own terms keep it but if you merely bought it because it was croc and dislike it otherwise, return it.

For extended family and grease and other grotty stuff, I usually use correspondingly grotty bags and clothes. I am bi-polar. Super dressed up or super dog-ified, depending on the circumstance. No point being a total glam queen at a clambake, I think.

Return the bag, and find a grease-and-sand-appropriate tote for summer. There are tons of adorable summer bags - not Hermes, granted, but not so expensive that you would always look at them with a tinge of regret. Then save the $$ for the Hermes!

wongnumber said:
LOL. DWI - drivelling while intoxicated.

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

wongnumber said:
It depends how much you like or dislike the bag, aside from the H snobbery/cachet. If you like the bag purely on its own terms keep it but if you merely bought it because it was croc and dislike it otherwise, return it.

For extended family and grease and other grotty stuff, I usually use correspondingly grotty bags and clothes. I am bi-polar. Super dressed up or super dog-ified, depending on the circumstance. No point being a total glam queen at a clambake, I think.

ITA, there are certain occasions that you might have to use a "not as precious" bag, can this fit? If not, and this IS a filler bag, then no love lost, rtn it.

Stay F.O.C.U.S :heart::heart:

If you haven't used it...and it's just sitting in your closet...RETURN it... If you must have a "vacation" purse....buy something cheap. Then donate it as soon as you return, or keep it for other vacations. Even if you end up waiting a long time, at least you won't have wasted a large amount of money.

If you like it and will eventually use it, keep it.

I must admit to being tempted by that gorgeous red croc Asprey bag that Victoria Beckham has. It's the same price as a kelly but available immediately vs. waiting 3 years for a braise kelly. But alas I would rather have the kelly.

I love all my Hermes bags and I don't baby them, but I think there are situations that call for non-H bags, just as there are times we don't want to be in high heels even though we know they are beautiful and flattering. For grease and sand possibilities on vacation, I love the washable LLBean boat & tote.
As for the NG croc tote, if you like it, then I'd say keep it. But since you haven't used it, perhaps you really didn't like it that much but bought it as a filler croc bag -- then I am in complete agreement with others here that it's a lot of money to spend for a bag that you are not totally happy with.

It's good to have a summer throw-around bag...just not in real crocodile, lol! It's especially not good to have such an expensive bag that you aren't that fond of and that isn't quite as good as what you are really wanting.

There are times that call for a bag that just isn't Hermes, as I'm discovering, and as Tamrind said. I need a summer/school bag no matter what, and originally I was just going to get another Juicy bag, but I keep having to replace the damn things two to three times a year. So I'm considering getting some kind of LV tote just to do me for summer beach vacations and to use for a year at university. I won't be able to carry that Bolide every day :biggrin: Though due to the big beach trip and the bag purchase my Bolide purchase will be pushed back to mid-September, but hey I've waited this long, hah ^_^

It's a filler, you don't love it, return it. Life is too full of compromises on important things to waste your potential on a bag you don't really like;), and this has nothing to do with the fact it's not Hermès, but it's got a lot to do with the fact that it's not what you really want.

Return it, buy an inexpensive bag for vacation, and put your energys in finding a way to have the croc bag you really want, may that be Hermès or not.Life's too short.

I am at this moment toting around The Western States Horse Expo a Longchamps tote, which is relatively inexpensive, but I think of as a part of the H "family"...It has been just perfect for everything and my evelyne is having a little rest...This tote can pack a lot (including Miss Evenlye) and can relax on the ground or in the bleachers...and look good as new.

Wong, very perfect comment about the glam queen at the clambake...it was a funny image in my head!!

I have to say that the Longchamps tote has been a lifesaver because it always protects my Hermes bag on a plane and holds all the travel junk as well. Then it folds up and waits for its next outing.

I just saw the posts in the travelling Princess B thread with Rockerchic taking the Chanel Cabas cruise tote to non-H events. I bought --and never used--those in bronze and white and was thinking of selling them, but maybe they (or one of them) will fill the summer grotty slot for me at half the price of the NG croc tote! I'm going to post a pic if that's okay.