Frozen tilapia

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys! I have a quick question. Never ever prepared fish by myself before, but decided to buy some frozen tilapia fish fillets today. I wanna make them for dinner tomorrow but have NO clue where to even start.

Anyone have some good easy tried and tested foolproof HEALTHY recipes? Yes, quite a demand there but I want it all! Haha! :biggrin:

Thanks in advance.

2. When I am looking for new recipes I like to go to Foodgawker. The best thing about it is that there are pictures so you can see what it looks like.

Personally I like to make fish tacos with tilapia. I marinate the fish in a tiny bit of oil, a splash of soy sauce lots of lime juice and some tequila. I broil the fish and serve it on tortillas with salsa ( I like peach or mango salsa ), some shredded cabbage mix and sometimes tomatoes. If you want a sauce buy FF or lowfat sour cream and mix it with some lime juice and chili powder.

3. I bake mine with lemon juice and old bay seasoning.. simple but very good! you could do the same thing in a skillet, it's much faster.

4. Squeeze some lemon juice and pepper over the defrosted filets and bake in a non-stick pan.