From reluctant to Chanel owner, to Chanel hoarder, anyone??

I saw your thread about LV go 14 too and i cant believe that. So sad they make a 4k+ like that [emoji35]
Your boy is definitely unique, so glad you kept him. I have a red boy and want to cheat on him with a chevron or top handle :smile: i just couldn't make up my mind and i drove my SA crazy every time I buy a bag [emoji23]
Did you get an all beige or beige with black filigree? They're both beautiful but I like the combo more, and of course Saks and NM didn't carry it and im not close to a Chanel boutique. Maybe it doesn't mean to be for me[emoji13] . Well its good that i can use that money toward the trendy.[emoji7]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PurseForum mobile app

Ok these are the ones I got... pre-sale triple points @ Bloomies...

And at least good news for the LV Go's - the manager has agreed to refund the 2 with the super cheap chains, so I will send those back. A+ for customer service, so that makes me happy for sure. However, my LV hiatus is on for now. I have the brown GO-14 left, it was the last in the country, and has the heavier chains that work fine. But alas, I won't keep it. For now, LV St Germain BB's in empreinte are hearty little bags what will take a beating and perfect for travel. I love the Gucci tian collection, and have a few things, and my Gucci Ladyweb - the hand stained one - which is dynamite. The rest have been PURGED!!! Most of them were new, which makes me want to throw up a little bit, but I will just focus on snorting the pixie dust :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1432.jpeg
    IMG_1432.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4169.jpeg
    IMG_4169.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: truelvoe
Plumeria - YOU OFFICIALLY WIN!!!! You just gave the testimony of the evening at our local Chanel 12-step clubhouse! Perfect! I related to everything you said, and then some. I don't peruse, I dive in and scuba with something. Sounds like you do too!!

I have a few more on the way, a Trendy CC WOC I don't think I will keep because I like the minis more. The 2 above coming next week. There are certainly more proper titles than the ones I used. AND pre-orders for Act 2, square mini and jumbo in PURPLE washed caviar. Now, I don't know if I will like the washed caviar at all, maybe not, but OMG it's purple. Since I got married I can't paint my bedroom purple anymore but hell if I am not gonna have some purple Chanel's. And I don't have a classic flap. I swore I would never. Like you said, old and stuffy, TOO refined, boring. Not now. Whether someone drugged my Crest Oral Rinse or not with Chanel pixie dust, I don't care. I am in, kool aid and all, and I am 'seeing things' in a much different way. And it's a blast!!

Girl! If you like purple, I saw, in-person, yesterday, the MOST GORGEOUS, PURPLE LAMBSKIN (i.e. NOT washed caviar) chevron medium/large, could have been a jumbo classic flap (yet seemed a bit smaller), with brushed gold hardware! My Chanel Boutiques do not allow photographs. But I have one AWESOME-BLOSSOM SA that you could contact if that interests you. I stopped in my tracks when I saw it since there has been SO much conversation on these threads about the washed purple caviar arriving soon.

And this beauty was 100% saturated, PURPLE CHEVRON LAMBSKIN + brushed gold hardware classic flap (very special!)!!! Perhaps he would be willing to send you a pic? Especially since you are a SERIOUS buyer! Feel free to contact me privately.

Oh my goodness, I completely laughed out loud by your 1st sentence regarding my testimony at the Chanel 12-Step Clubhouse. HA! "I totally get it! I've been there. Worn the t-shirt!" And to read you mention scuba, TraceySH, you know me ALL TOO well!!:lol:

Reactions: TraceySH
tracey and plumeria - you guys are hilarious!!! i only wish i could go into the boutiques and pull a pretty woman "i'll take this, that, that one.. and can't forget that!" hehe and to think.... you haven't even ventured into vintage Chanel territory yet.... the days when every single last stitch was perfectly aligned, both lambskin and caviar leathers were rich, shiny and oh so puffy, oh and did i mention the gold CC clasps used to be gilded in 24K gold?!??!?!! it's not like that anymore, which is a shame. but of course the tradeoff is there are plenty of cute and modern styles that weren't around back then. my only regret is not getting a classic flap 5 years ago when they were under 3K :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Well, if you're reading this forum you may very well end up adding a few more to your collection. Never say never, many of us have learned that!
Hahaha! Nah, I've been reading this forum for quite some time (a member since 2014) and have absolutely no desire for any more bags. Like I said before, the amount I have plus the variety in color is PERFECT. Why mess up a good thing?

You sound very thrifty GeorgiaGirl! I may reel back one of these days, but for now, I am having a total BLAST in my mass consumerism! Hey, at least resale on these babies is super high (higher than the others) so if I get into a bind, bam. But for now, I am in the lala land of the Chanel vortex!

Well, truth be told, I moved on to makeup, including brushes and storage, and skincare. Now that I have all that squared away, I'm done. And it's not like I have a ton. My storage space is quite small and it's filled. And -- just like my bags -- I use everything. Nothing goes to waste. I did do a de-stash of a bunch of deluxe samples a while back and donated them to a local agency that helps those in need. They like to feel pampered, too! When you're that low, feeling like you're drowning in life's sewer ... and I've been there ... every little bit helps.

Getting back on topic, I didn't buy a flap simply because I wanted an understated Chanel bag, so I got a caviar hobo with a tassel. I don't plan on selling it.

tracey and plumeria - you guys are hilarious!!! i only wish i could go into the boutiques and pull a pretty woman "i'll take this, that, that one.. and can't forget that!" hehe and to think.... you haven't even ventured into vintage Chanel territory yet.... the days when every single last stitch was perfectly aligned, both lambskin and caviar leathers were rich, shiny and oh so puffy, oh and did i mention the gold CC clasps used to be gilded in 24K gold?!??!?!! it's not like that anymore, which is a shame. but of course the tradeoff is there are plenty of cute and modern styles that weren't around back then. my only regret is not getting a classic flap 5 years ago when they were under 3K :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Oh ceedoan, I love learning more about the vintage bags and the overall history of the House of Chanel in general. You sound like a wonderful resource of information. Thank you so much for sharing those precious tidbits. I must admit, I have returned almost as much as I have purchased. However, what I have established in my "permanent collection" are items I absolutely adore. And I believe it took the footwork of discovering "why/how" the others were not the right fit, to help secure my decisions without regret. I am left feeling extremely pleased with each piece (far fewer than our dear friend TraceySH, but man oh man are her adventures fun!!)

Hi Ceedoan!

We are ALL having so much fun aren't we? It's like a big Chanel slumber party! My addiction is just having its little moment right now since I am a newbie. Gail is helping me appreciate vintage (and yelling at me that I need a vintage bag, right Gail? ha ha) and I am starting to understand the character and history of the brand. And, yes, that the vintage bags have some character, but you have to really look for those unique and pristine finds. Do you have any great books on the history of Chanel? There are many, but any recommendations are well received, and thank you in advance!!

Reactions: ceedoan and gail13
Oh ceedoan, I love learning more about the vintage bags and the overall history of the House of Chanel in general. You sound like a wonderful resource of information. Thank you so much for sharing those precious tidbits. I must admit, I have returned almost as much as I have purchased. However, what I have established in my "permanent collection" are items I absolutely adore. And I believe it took the footwork of discovering "why/how" the others were not the right fit, to help secure my decisions without regret. I am left feeling extremely pleased with each piece (far fewer than our dear friend TraceySH, but man oh man are her adventures fun!!)

I think I am zeroing in on the "loves" vs "likes". I mean, we can have both, being able to use a bag everyday that you "REALLY LIKE" is great. And those "LOVES" sometimes should not be used every day. So it's a great combination of both. I was talking to someone else tonight, and I was like, ok, buying anymore bags for me needs to 1) meet a specific need - a travel bag, tote, seasonal color or style I don't have that I could really reach for regularly and/or 2) something that makes me pee my pants. :smile:

Hi Ceedoan!

We are ALL having so much fun aren't we? It's like a big Chanel slumber party! My addiction is just having its little moment right now since I am a newbie. Gail is helping me appreciate vintage (and yelling at me that I need a vintage bag, right Gail? ha ha) and I am starting to understand the character and history of the brand. And, yes, that the vintage bags have some character, but you have to really look for those unique and pristine finds. Do you have any great books on the history of Chanel? There are many, but any recommendations are well received, and thank you in advance!!

Hey Friend :smile: :
After months of research, I chose these 3 books (there are a plethora to choose from) and am extremely pleased with all they have to offer:
image.jpeg

Reactions: TraceySH
Hi Guys!
So, any of you guys who were gaga over your other stuff end up selling it all and going 100% Chanel?

Haven't sold anything yet but I do obsessively stalk the re-sale market for my next vintage Chanel purchase. I bought 4 Chanel bags in less that a year and my bank account is VERY upset with me! It's definitely my luxurious version of crack...lmao!

Reactions: Manchoo78
Thanks for suggesting these reads, I took a look and was happy to find out the middle book has pictures by KL-sounds fascinating!

Hi Gail:
The middle one is technically out-of-print. I was still able to purchase all 3 through Amazon, however, the middle book I did have to engage the transaction through an independent, 3rd party book-seller. The colored drawings inside ARE wonderful!! And my understanding is that the later release(s) of this book no longer include the drawings. I find that each of the 3 books offers a bit of a "different" perspective and experience. I am happy to have acquired all three after initially being concerned about too much overlap. There is a 4th 3-part collection of books that I would have loved to have included in this purchase. However, the price was significant, and I thought it might be something nice to save for a Christmas gift wish: Book 1) Chanel Fashion, Book 2) Chanel Fine Jewelry and Book 3) Chanel Perfume.

Hi everyone!! Yes Tracey I know exactly how you feel! I started collecting handbags in 2013, my first expensive handbag was from LV, the artsy. That bag started this whole addiction. I purchased a few LV bags and a ton of slgs from them, then two years ago I started watching youtube unboxings.. that's when I decided I need to venture out to different brands. I got my first Chanel piece, a black caviar boy bag with ruthenium hw, after that I slowly started losing interest in LV, so far I've sold almost all of my LV bags except for my Speedy bandouliere, Neverfull and my alma bb. Ugh, I swore to myself that I was "over" handbags but Chanel always has to come out with something I can't live without (thank God I'm not rich, I know my limits lol) The cycle never ends, I now have 3 boy bags, one woc, two minis and 3 slgs. My hubby says I'm done for the rest of my life...lol. [emoji48] he's a funny guy.

Right Arlene?! So true. It's amazing how this "addiction" evolves. I guess I started for me in 2013 when I gave myself permission to go LV and away from saks or NM sale finds. I stuck to collecting Alma BBs (8) some other totes and clutches and a few Guccis. This year I decided to sell them all and reboot. At first that was totally different LV (empreinte and malletage) and some other great designers. Then of course to "complete" my collection I wanted to top off the Christmas tree with a Chanel. Big mistake. Or not depending on how my wallet looks at it! So now the thing I got to complete my collection has since decimated it! I found myself selling all my brand new LVs because they were so BLAH! So here we are.

At least I get to push back on my husband with his golf addiction because that doesn't make any sense either!!!