From reluctant to Chanel owner, to Chanel hoarder, anyone??

TraceySH

Always hunting for the next bag
Feb 28, 2016
Hi Guys!

Ok the new forum is a little funky, but pretty awesome as I navigate through it.

You guys have watched me grow up over the past couple of months from a little Chanel baby to definitely sprouting up on Chanel steroids. Remember that pixie dust I said must come with Chanel? I am a true believer. SO MUCH SO that the other bags (not cheap ones, def on par with Chanel prices) look kinda hum-drum. They're not, but I find myself sort of looking at them, where I WAS drooling, and now go, "oh..... hi....you".

They just don't have the excitement of my new raucous (in a good way) Chanel family.

So, any of you guys who were gaga over your other stuff end up selling it all and going 100% Chanel?

You are so funny; welcome to the world of Chanel. They do colors and new collections so well, it's hard not to get sucked in. I remember saying once upon a time that very $$$$ bags were not any better than my mid priced items. But for some reason, I don't use any of those at all. I only have eyes for Chanel these days.

Reactions: TraceySH
Hi Guys!

Ok the new forum is a little funky, but pretty awesome as I navigate through it.

You guys have watched me grow up over the past couple of months from a little Chanel baby to definitely sprouting up on Chanel steroids. Remember that pixie dust I said must come with Chanel? I am a true believer. SO MUCH SO that the other bags (not cheap ones, def on par with Chanel prices) look kinda hum-drum. They're not, but I find myself sort of looking at them, where I WAS drooling, and now go, "oh..... hi....you".

They just don't have the excitement of my new raucous (in a good way) Chanel family.

So, any of you guys who were gaga over your other stuff end up selling it all and going 100% Chanel?

This is me! Chanel steroids - that's funny. (Insert laughing hysterically emoji)

I still have a lot of LV, but when it's time to rotate handbags, I just never reach for them anymore... at all. Hence, I'm slowly selling them as I go (prolly off to buy a new Chanel). They're just gathering dust - even the really pretty ones that at one point I was so excited to buy.

You are not alone. (Insert alien emoji)

In terms of new bags, I find myself craving Chanel probably 80% of the time. It's like a disease. Every time I make the mental list that I only need one or two more specific Chanels, I find myself amending it.

But I do still have a couple of other designer loves and I definitely rotate all my bags. I like variety :smile:

Chanel is my favorite, but I keep around a few other labels because they are practical (for instance, my Céline trios are great for travel and hitting the playground with kids; Prada saffiano and LV coated canvas are indestructible in the rain, blah blah blah.) I think of selling a few but then I think, I can´t have ONLY Chanel. Sometimes you need under-the-radar brands or less delicate materials.

Reactions: vivy_tran
I just purchased my first Chanel bag, a pre loved black caviar clutch with chain and I absolutely love it. I have a lot of LV bags and still like them, but I realize I love how classy and understated my one and only Chanel is. I carried it for the first time the other day and I felt like a real lady. Like this is a "handbag" not a purse. It does not scream it's name, but you know it's well made and sophisticated. I realize I don't like the monogram of LV as much, and will probably only purchase bags that do not have the LV moniker all over it. But alas, I am already planning my next Chanel. I simply adore the classic bags. Sigh!

Tracey you're hilarious!! I remember your first post about being underwhelmed and look where you are now!!! Lol didn't we all say Chanel is like crack??!! [emoji13] I'm in the same boat of selling off all my other designer bags and going all Chanel [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it's so bad I have SAs In every major department store that carries Chanel and also at my closest boutique [emoji16]

Reactions: parisianescape
This is me! Chanel steroids - that's funny. (Insert laughing hysterically emoji)

I still have a lot of LV, but when it's time to rotate handbags, I just never reach for them anymore... at all. Hence, I'm slowly selling them as I go (prolly off to buy a new Chanel). They're just gathering dust - even the really pretty ones that at one point I was so excited to buy.

You are not alone. (Insert alien emoji)

Isn't it just awful and awesome all at the same time? I have these amazing LV higher end bags (in the malletage) that I just LOVED and now it's like. Oh. You're just not that special anymore. You don't make me feel quite as pretty and special as my Chanel.

At first I was like ok. We will mix. And now. No. The Chanel's are eating the others!

Reactions: teagongfu
In terms of new bags, I find myself craving Chanel probably 80% of the time. It's like a disease. Every time I make the mental list that I only need one or two more specific Chanels, I find myself amending it.

But I do still have a couple of other designer loves and I definitely rotate all my bags. I like variety :smile:

I am still into the early dating phase on the emotional high! Everything else looks blah right now. But I will NEED to be able to bring back in some other designers when Mr Chanel and I are in a more calm and stable long term relationship ;)

But because of Chanel my tastes have changed. So I think going forward the other designer bags will be different than the ones I have now. So ugh. The purge is on!

Chanel is my favorite, but I keep around a few other labels because they are practical (for instance, my Céline trios are great for travel and hitting the playground with kids; Prada saffiano and LV coated canvas are indestructible in the rain, blah blah blah.) I think of selling a few but then I think, I can´t have ONLY Chanel. Sometimes you need under-the-radar brands or less delicate materials.

I think Prada is great for exactly that! I had never gotten an LV mono anything until this year. I just couldn't make myself like it! And then I got a bag and it smelled like plastic. (I think it's the newer canvas). So I am going to baseline my new taste and new bag wardrobe with my happy pretty sexy Chanel's and then get other bags to complement it! The ones I have now sort of don't. Off they go!

I just purchased my first Chanel bag, a pre loved black caviar clutch with chain and I absolutely love it. I have a lot of LV bags and still like them, but I realize I love how classy and understated my one and only Chanel is. I carried it for the first time the other day and I felt like a real lady. Like this is a "handbag" not a purse. It does not scream it's name, but you know it's well made and sophisticated. I realize I don't like the monogram of LV as much, and will probably only purchase bags that do not have the LV moniker all over it. But alas, I am already planning my next Chanel. I simply adore the classic bags. Sigh!

See?? It changes everything. I so didn't expect that. I was like ok I have everything. A wide assortment of awesomeness. And slowly but surely, the assortment went further and further to the back. And then I asked myself. Self? When would you pull one of those bags when you've got all these pretties staring at you? And the answer was. Um. I won't. Buh-bye. Omg. Now I have like 8 or 9 or something. It's horrible. I am done. Stick a fork in me. This lady is TROUBLE! [emoji1327]

Tracey you're hilarious!! I remember your first post about being underwhelmed and look where you are now!!! Lol didn't we all say Chanel is like crack??!! [emoji13] I'm in the same boat of selling off all my other designer bags and going all Chanel [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] it's so bad I have SAs In every major department store that carries Chanel and also at my closest boutique [emoji16]

Omg I am such a crazy bat! Can you believe? I stayed the course and had to know what all you other ladies were doing. I was super FOMO. I've never smoked crack before (I drank enough in my past to drown the state of Texas) but from what I hear, I think this just MIGHT be better.

I'm making excuses for why I don't like the other ones anymore. Half are true and half are total bs. Like oh the shoulder strap is a little slippery. Yes! I hate this bag. If I sell this I can get another C.H.A.N.E.L. Or as my Euro-fab SA at the Houston boutique kept saying "but eets Cha-nellllll daaaaaaah-ling". Esp when I broke out my Gucci wallet. "Oh daaaaah-ling. Zis is not Cha-nellll?"!!! I knew I was in trouble!!

I love this "going all chanel!"

Omg I am such a crazy bat! Can you believe? I stayed the course and had to know what all you other ladies were doing. I was super FOMO. I've never smoked crack before (I drank enough in my past to drown the state of Texas) but from what I hear, I think this just MIGHT be better.

I'm making excuses for why I don't like the other ones anymore. Half are true and half are total bs. Like oh the shoulder strap is a little slippery. Yes! I hate this bag. If I sell this I can get another C.H.A.N.E.L. Or as my Euro-fab SA at the Houston boutique kept saying "but eets Cha-nellllll daaaaaaah-ling". Esp when I broke out my Gucci wallet. "Oh daaaaah-ling. Zis is not Cha-nellll?"!!! I knew I was in trouble!!

ba hahahaha! your SA sounds ahhhmazinggg daaah-ling!!! better get rid of that gucci wallet asap. LOL

Reactions: truelvoe