From Paris with Bling!

^ i can't thank you ladies enough for the kind words! i took the metallic navy out today for the first time and i'm amazed at the shade-variation when it's under different lightning (and even just simply between night and day). i can't keep my eyes off her and the words of a PFer on here came to mind - nobody does navy like Chanel does it. ;)

Jenn: i actually took pictures of it on the night that i received the reissue but the pictures all came with a yellow tinge and so i opted to take more accurate pictures of it in the day (but even then, i had to tweak the white balance on my camera, this bag's colour is just SO hard to capture! i must have taken a zillion pictures before settling for these) And I'm envious of how well you can rock a 227 reissue! (because the only kinda reaction i get when I try on a jumbo is laughs from my bf)

carmen82: i'm sure your first chanel will be coming to you real soon! and i swear it'd be the giddiest and most exciting first purchase ever. ;)

Miffy27/M: :yes: absolutely about the "unnamed" episode. i got an email from you-know-who about the new spring accessories, but as much as i might like those accesories, i'm thinking, NEVER AGAIN, not even if it's the only store with those accessories! Now I'm all excited for yours and I definitely think you'll be able to snag a metallic red. :yes:

aschmeing: it was 1780 euros before tax deduction and tax deduction is around 16%. to be quite honest, i was so caught up in wanting to a navy 226 that i never considered the fact that paris was cheaper. it was only because i was only waitlisted at 1 store for the navy 226 before and i found out that my chances were real slim there, hence i decided to give Paris a ring, and lo and behold! and yes, as long as you're not within the EU, you can get the 16% tax free incentive.

Aurora/A: Oh! I just had a brain-wave! Another local PFer (i hope she doesn't mind me mentioning) is in the process of finalising an order with Jessica currently and it might be worth a shot to combine both "your" order and her order together in one shipping. Although of course it'd be best to have her friend buy it in paris since that way, the 7% GST wouldn't kick in.

pond23: ;) i'm hoping these pictures would tempt more PFers into getting the navy reissue - it's my duty as an evil purse enabler! and y'know I was thinking how deceptive the OPI Russian Navy looked in a bottle - it looked so purple-ish to me.

zerodross, cannot wait for family pictures of your chanels! :dothewave:

btw, how do you enjoy the tax deduction? does the shop charge the price less tax or do you have to apply somewhere (where?) for the tax deduction? :smile:

more pictures! i tried to get as accurate a representation of the navy as possible, but the best thing that came to mind is that it bears some semblence to the OPI shade - Russian Navy. :P quote]
wow, that is the best description yet to describe the color! I know exactly the color, i can close my eyes and see it! I love that shade from OPI and have worn it many times! Now I jsut need my navy 228 to go with it! :yes:

zerodross, cannot wait for family pictures of your chanels! :dothewave:

btw, how do you enjoy the tax deduction? does the shop charge the price less tax or do you have to apply somewhere (where?) for the tax deduction? :smile:

it was deducted straight off when i made the payment for it. my SA basically quoted me the price with tax, then she explained that there would be tax deduction and informed me of the price sans tax.

I got this color in 227 size but yours looks better than mine! Can that be possible?! Gorgeous bag - I just don't think it's for me but I LOVE it on you!!!

Congrats!

attachment.php

Stunning:nuts: I think the metallic navy is my favourite of this seasons metallic bunch:tup:
Congratulations Zerodross and enjoy carrying that gorgeous bag:woohoo: