From Old to Gold. Full Leather Replacement.

I just picked it up this weekend and it only cost $660, instead of $960 (their initial quote). So that made me feel really good saving that $300. I'm at work now but I'll post some pics when I get home. It's gorgeous! Looks like a brand new bag. They even replaced my inside pocket with a new one because the old one didn't have a zipper and it was ripped. I love it!

That is amazing! Congrats! How long did it take in the end?
I feel like they really go the extra mile when it comes to the repairs! Can't wait to see yours. :smile:

Hey!!:flowers:
She's back and better than ever.

I bought this bag in December last year. She was used heavily. The previous owner really got ALLLLLLL the use out of her. :lol:
When I decided to go for a speedy after many years of not owning one I decided I would go preloved since 40s aren't available anymore and found her. With a date code that matches mine. ;) VI8904 it was meant to be. This little detail makes the bag the more special to me. Aren't we both Gals in our prime..? :angel:

So I brought her in on January 4th and I was quoted a cool 450€ tax included. Considering the Price of the Bag it totaled at 1000€. Which probably wouldn't even be close to its retail price now considering the recent price increase. A Speedy 35 in Germany is going for 1.200,- now. It was estimated that it could take up to 8 weeks. 6 Weeks in she was done, ready for valentines, unfortunately I was out of town. Another two weeks and I made it back to the Store to pick her up and my oh my was I stunned. :love:

I live in Berlin and Berlin has two Stores the one in KaDeWe and another one on Kurfürsten Damm. I used to be going to the Kurfürsten Damm location but not anymore. ;) Since I enquired via customer service I was referred to the KaDeWe. And I didn't mind at all, both are very beautiful Stores, which offer a great variety and good customer service. So for me it was purely coincidental.

As you can see the Bag was very used:

- lost shape
- dry leather, lots of cracks
- Canvas intact but corner wear on all 4

Before:
View attachment 5347687 View attachment 5347688

After:
View attachment 5347689 View attachment 5347690

Here's something I thought was very cool! My speedy had slight corner wear. It wasn't cracked but you could definitely tell it was going to happen at some point. After all the bag is 32 years old going 33. But they just slightly rolled it in tighter (?) or something its completely gone. There is NO corner wear whatsoever. I am stunned! :wtf:

Here's another interesting Detail. As most of you have noticed or pointed out. The Hardware on speedies isn't as shiny as on more higher end bags. So I was quite taken aback (in a good way) when I looked at my Speedy and noticed the very shiny deep gold hardware. It really matches the new lock. However the little studs are more muted as would be expected. I hope you can tell from the Pics. I'll try to update the Pictures with better lighting as soon as I have a little time.

View attachment 5347691

I've also bought a new Luggage Tag, which currently is at Louis Vuitton since I have it heat stamped.
My initials on the back and a Berlin specific stamp on the front.

View attachment 5347678
Well in the end I also bought a new Sarah Wallet, since mine was very tired after 10+ years. I really did not intend on replacing my Sarah Wallet with another Louis Vuitton to be honest since I was eying something Hermes but the level of customer service really made the sale that much easier. :happydance:

My SA packed everything very nicely, gave me Macaroons by Ladurée and several little Parfums. :tup:

View attachment 5347680

Concluding I would highly suggest having bags repaired. :tup: If you are on the fence about having this done. Go for it. The repair cannot be done better than by Louis Vuitton. A lot of the monogram pieces will have a renaissance and that way you'll be able to give them so much more life. :love:

Thanks for letting me share. I know that was a lot... :flowers:
Looks like it is brand new! Love it ❤️

I bought this bag in December last year. She was used heavily. The previous owner really got ALLLLLLL the use out of her. :lol:
When I decided to go for a speedy after many years of not owning one I decided I would go preloved since 40s aren't available anymore and found her. With a date code that matches mine. ;) VI8904 it was meant to be. This little detail makes the bag the more special to me. Aren't we both Gals in our prime..? :angel:

So I brought her in on January 4th and I was quoted a cool 450€ tax included. Considering the Price of the Bag it totaled at 1000€. Which probably wouldn't even be close to its retail price now considering the recent price increase. A Speedy 35 in Germany is going for 1.200,- now. It was estimated that it could take up to 8 weeks. 6 Weeks in she was done, ready for valentines, unfortunately I was out of town. Another two weeks and I made it back to the Store to pick her up and my oh my was I stunned. :love:

I live in Berlin and Berlin has two Stores the one in KaDeWe and another one on Kurfürsten Damm. I used to be going to the Kurfürsten Damm location but not anymore. ;) Since I enquired via customer service I was referred to the KaDeWe. And I didn't mind at all, both are very beautiful Stores, which offer a great variety and good customer service. So for me it was purely coincidental.

- lost shape

Before:

After:

Here's something I thought was very cool! My speedy had slight corner wear. It wasn't cracked but you could definitely tell it was going to happen at some point. After all the bag is 32 years old going 33. But they just slightly rolled it in tighter (?) or something its completely gone. There is NO corner wear whatsoever. I am stunned! :wtf:

Here's another interesting Detail. As most of you have noticed or pointed out. The Hardware on speedies isn't as shiny as on more higher end bags. So I was quite taken aback (in a good way) when I looked at my Speedy and noticed the very shiny deep gold hardware. It really matches the new lock. However the little studs are more muted as would be expected. I hope you can tell from the Pics. I'll try to update the Pictures with better lighting as soon as I have a little time.

View attachment 5347691

I've also bought a new Luggage Tag, which currently is at Louis Vuitton since I have it heat stamped.

View attachment 5347678
Well in the end I also bought a new Sarah Wallet, since mine was very tired after 10+ years. I really did not intend on replacing my Sarah Wallet with another Louis Vuitton to be honest since I was eying something Hermes but the level of customer service really made the sale that much easier. :happydance:

My SA packed everything very nicely, gave me Macaroons by Ladurée and several little Parfums. :tup:

View attachment 5347680

Concluding I would highly suggest having bags repaired. :tup: If you are on the fence about having this done. Go for it. The repair cannot be done better than by Louis Vuitton. A lot of the monogram pieces will have a renaissance and that way you'll be able to give them so much more life. :love:

Hi Dennis, it’s a beautiful breathe of air for your oldie bag. Wanted to check if the 450 euros quote is meant for both leather trims and hardware replacement? Does it show the breakdown of hardware replacement cost only?

Hi Dennis, it’s a beautiful breathe of air for your oldie bag. Wanted to check if the 450 euros quote is meant for both leather trims and hardware replacement? Does it show the breakdown of hardware replacement cost only?

Its for the complete leather replacement and HW replacement. Unfortunately I am on a business trip right now but Ill DM you as soon as I am back home. :smile:

- lost shape

Before:

After:

View attachment 5347691

View attachment 5347678

View attachment 5347680

Congratulations!!! They are beautiful repairs!! Loved reading your story about it, great to learn about! Glad you got such wonderful customer service, too!

Reactions: Aliluvlv