From consignment to reality. What does the bag REALLY look like?

I know! I sold my 25 last year and it was from 2008. It was way better taken care of. It was still perfect. This one is from 2006 and I just can't comprehend how someone would treat their bags like this...
Heck, I have a 30 from '98 that's in far better shape then some of these 2-10 year old bags. In just makes me shake my head when I see people throw down x amount of money for a luxury good or vehicle then proceed to abuse and neglect it and shortly after turn around and blame the company/designer for selling them a piece of garbage:mad:

We all know that it's not over for that Speedy until it's over and that usually means it either falls apart/disintegrates or self-implodes...until then it, and many others like it, can be sold for a tidy sum to someone desperate enough.

I can't believe the condition that some of these preloved purses that I see for sale are in! It's like no one cared for them. I don't overly baby my bags, but I do take care of them and not beat them up. I don't get how some people treat their bags!

We are purse junkys so we rotate the bag carousel day after day or week or whatever. I know many ladies they have only one bag and than they carried it for 10 years or longer. Until bag is trash (how fabuleux write). Perhaps it was of such a woman. But very sad Bag ended so.

I can't believe the condition that some of these preloved purses that I see for sale are in! It's like no one cared for them. I don't overly baby my bags, but I do take care of them and not beat them up. I don't get how some people treat their bags!

My thoughts exactly. Keeping a decent rotation and at least a little care is so important. I have a girlfriend who wears the hell out of purse, trashes it, then moves on to the next.

To OP, I think the Cartouchiere is in pretty decent condition. I'm in the market for one myself and that's one of the better looking ones I've seen. I got a pre-loved Deauville this past weekend that looked like it had been store kinda flat. I stuffed that bad boy with old T-shirts and let the canvas get a little warm while I smoothed it out. Once I let it sit for a few hours, with the T-shirts still in it, it remembered that it had a shape once upon a time and looks great now. But alas, if you don't love it you should leave it.

My thoughts exactly. Keeping a decent rotation and at least a little care is so important. I have a girlfriend who wears the hell out of purse, trashes it, then moves on to the next.

To OP, I think the Cartouchiere is in pretty decent condition. I'm in the market for one myself and that's one of the better looking ones I've seen. I got a pre-loved Deauville this past weekend that looked like it had been store kinda flat. I stuffed that bad boy with old T-shirts and let the canvas get a little warm while I smoothed it out. Once I let it sit for a few hours, with the T-shirts still in it, it remembered that it had a shape once upon a time and looks great now. But alas, if you don't love it you should leave it.

Thank you so much for your reply!!
Really helpful! I've stuffed the bag now with bubble wrap and I have been gently massaging the top (as I know it's leather lined) to add a liiiiitle heat as well as a little low heat from distance with a hair dryer. I like how it looks now (stuffed) but I haven't taken it out to check... Feel like I should wait till tomorrow to see if it will give me any results. I got the bag for £238 so it's a decent price for this condition I agree. Here's a pic of me wearing the bag while testing it out. Please, please, excuse my leggings. It's laundry day and my LA leggings from 3 years ago is all I had left🙄😂😂What do you think about the look of the bag, and the size on me? I like how it has 2 compartments and fits my Anaïs wallet, iPhone 6s, key cles, 6 ring key holder and sunnies. I played around with what fits earlier:smile: and I love how it's leather lined!
What do you think...?:smile: oh and I'm 5"2

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 329
Last edited: