From Birkins to Kellys

LoveLouboutins

Shoes, I know!~
Dec 8, 2007
I started off loving the Birkin. LOVE. Built up a decent collection and then my son was born. Now I can't live without my kellys. I haven't touched my birkins in a long time. I think I'm not a Kelly gal. Anyone else has the same experience?

I personally have not had this experience but I know a few women who say the exact same thing, after they have their baby they find the Kelly more suitable. So you are not alone.

you have no idea im on the same page except for the kid not that I'm not sooooooo jealous congrats darling !!, the kelly is a much better bag i just never saw it because i was in love with the "BIRKIN"at the momment im on the hunt for my best next kelly beacuse i find myself wearing my vintage bb way to much the way the bag balances, the one handle, the safety, the shoulder strap, the way the contents fits, the way the weight is distributed all of it. i am now all kelly i think as much as i love my birkins and will continue to do so my kellys are on the rise now !!!!!!!!!!!! Thing is the automatic class comfort look style and tradition that the Kelly gives is just incomparable I so agree with you and you now I think it's not just us Darling.

Last edited:
I started off loving the Birkin. LOVE. Built up a decent collection and then my son was born. Now I can't live without my kellys. I haven't touched my birkins in a long time. I think I'm not a Kelly gal. Anyone else has the same experience?

It was the lovely tpfers in 2006 that put me on the right track. I thought I could only use the Birkin. Then some ladies reminded me that the Kelly comes with a strap and I can then be hands free with 2 tots. They too said that my kids would never always be tots and that I will get to enjoy Kellys handheld, when they are grown up. The best advice I got here. :flowers:

^^ Dear MrsS, I almost became misty eyed reading your post, thinking of all the wonderful stages we pass through in our lives, and then thinking about the wonderful, incomparable Kelly bag, which is there to accompany us in all the steps along the way with grace and practicality at every point.

Go, Kelly Go!!

Count me in as a Kelly lover. I originally started with a 35 Orange Kelly, but it seemed too big for me. I never used it, sold it, and got my coveted 30cm Birkin. I absolutely love it, but really missed the Kelly after following several Kelly threads. I now am the proud owner of six Kellys!! Most are 32cm, and one is the mini Kelly in Rouge VIF. I'm officially addicted...... PS......I would love to get another 35, I think I could carry it off now! lol :love:

Dear LoveLouboutins: I am very new to H. My first H bag is Kelly and I know that this will be MY bag when I first test drove her for an action. I am only yearning to get a Birkin for work and for other personal reasons. We all have our own. Otherwise, my collection will be comprised mostly of Kellys from the day I had contact with her.

However, who knows if my mind and heart will change once Birkin arrives.:smile:

Last edited:
A birkin was what I wanted, but the kelly came my way first (love orange and I it was love at first sight). The wont of a birkin never faded and I adopted one recently. I love them equally for they each stand on their own.

Truth is I'm older now and looking back I was always carrying a shoulder bag even before having my son. Now I'm comfortable with either shoulder or hand held so for those going through a stage of life where you think ah, I'll never use this coz the kid is small, think many times before selling off what you do not use today. Tomorrow and the day after are going to be as different as yesterday and the day before. (Variety is indeed the spice of life!)

I go back and forth I love them both I love having the strap on the Kelly but I love the casual look of the birkin sometimes I use both together my 40 birkin as a briefcase and my Kelly as my purse

I actually had tears in my eyes when I read bababebi's post here... I am a "new" mother (have a 3 months old baby daughter) and I am definitely becoming a Kelly girl.

I too have a decent collection, but actually starting to contemplate on letting go of some of my Birkins. Before? Never! Not even the ones I was absolutely not "sure" of and haven't touched them for literally years sitting in the box. I loved them all and just nested one them. Now? I can picture some being gone from my closet.

I started w Kellys just "fresh". I ordered one while still pregnant and it arrived 2 days before I went to the hospital. Took it with me there and looked at it from the bed when I was scared or in panic. Funny to say about a bag, but at moments it calmed me down more than my own husband... I came out of the clinic with my baby in one hand and my Kelly in the other. I will forever love that Kelly. And the ones that will come in the future. Although I still LOVE my Birkins too and I always will...

Last edited: