Frivole vs Cosmos vs Butterfly pedant

mfa777

May 28, 2015
Hi, everyone!
I am planing to buy on of the VCA pedants on my next trip to Europe.
Currently I only have 10 motif Alhambra necklace, 5 motif Alhambra bracelet and one motif necklace. I want to get something different than Alhambra this time.
Can you, please, share your pictures of Frivole, Cosmos or Butterfly pendants. And I just want to know your thoughts on them, which one you would choose if you could have only one of them.
Butterfly
IMG_1487800956.857916.jpg
IMG_1487800989.749274.jpg
Frivole
IMG_1487801002.223573.jpg
Cosmos
IMG_1487801015.209152.jpg

Reactions: Christofle
My current collection

Attachments

• IMG_1487801585.683544.jpg
    IMG_1487801585.683544.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,423
  • IMG_1487801595.165385.jpg
    IMG_1487801595.165385.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,378
  • IMG_1487801736.215872.jpg
    IMG_1487801736.215872.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,428
Do you want to match what you have? The yellow sapphire butterfly goes with your 5 motif perfectly without being matchy. I'm wondering whether you would consider a pair of earrings, seeing as how you already have two necklaces and a bracelet?

Thank you! I am ok with either matching or not:smile: I am also leaning towards yellow sapphire one. I would love to get earrings, but they usually don't look good on me :smile:

I vote for the butterfly earrings gas in pink gold and mother of pearl.
While you didn't mention earrings I think you "need" a pair..
The white mop will coordinate nicely with your necklaces and the VCA butterfly is so iconic, yet whimsical.
You really should at least try them on.

Thank you! I try not to accentuate attention on my ears, but the butterfly necklace is definitely my first choice. [emoji253]

Last edited:
I have exactly the same dilemma! It will be my first VCA necklace, and I will probably get the Socrate one flower earstuds too to go with the necklace.
compare.jpg
I have a picture putting them together to compare the size. I ended up excluding the butterfly one as a candidate because the diamond always flips, as in my picture. I'm also worried the butterfly may not look proper when I grow old.
I have a really hard time choosing between Cosmo MOP and paved Frivole though, because they are so different and both look great.

Frivole is understated and elegant. You can wear it day and night, low maintenance. But while it looks great in person, it's so so in pictures. This is fine for daily wear though.

The Cosmo MOP looks prettier. It's bigger and shinier. It's stunning yet because it's feminine, you can wear it with casual clothes too. It's versatile, can be used as a pin. I absolutely love the look of MOP, but unsure if it's easy to maintain in long run - VCA's own website suggests to wear them 10 min after applying lotion and perfume. It seems I have to take if off every night. That means I can't really take it on a trip, because I tend to forget :sad:

mfa87, I hope you don't mind I hijack your thread, but as a newly registered member I can't start a new post yet. If I can give up the Socrate earstuds in exchange of an extra necklace, which 2 pieces of the 3 (Socrate one flower earstuds, Cosmo MOP, Frivole WG paved) shall I pick?

I have exactly the same dilemma! It will be my first VCA necklace, and I will probably get the Socrate one flower earstuds too to go with the necklace.
View attachment 3767163
I have a picture putting them together to compare the size. I ended up excluding the butterfly one as a candidate because the diamond always flips, as in my picture. I'm also worried the butterfly may not look proper when I grow old.
I have a really hard time choosing between Cosmo MOP and paved Frivole though, because they are so different and both look great.

Frivole is understated and elegant. You can wear it day and night, low maintenance. But while it looks great in person, it's so so in pictures. This is fine for daily wear though.

The Cosmo MOP looks prettier. It's bigger and shinier. It's stunning yet because it's feminine, you can wear it with casual clothes too. It's versatile, can be used as a pin. I absolutely love the look of MOP, but unsure if it's easy to maintain in long run - VCA's own website suggests to wear them 10 min after applying lotion and perfume. It seems I have to take if off every night. That means I can't really take it on a trip, because I tend to forget :sad:

mfa87, I hope you don't mind I hijack your thread, but as a newly registered member I can't start a new post yet. If I can give up the Socrate earstuds in exchange of an extra necklace, which 2 pieces of the 3 (Socrate one flower earstuds, Cosmo MOP, Frivole WG paved) shall I pick?

I had the pave frivole pendant before I got the cosmos mop pendant. I must say, after getting the latter, I prefer the larger sized cosmos mop pendant. Once u go big, a bit hard to go small again.

That said, I do wear my pave frivole pendant if I need a wg pendant to co-ordinate with my outfits.

Go for what sings to you.

But if this is going to be the only vca pendant u will have (I doubt it will be the last ;) ), then I suggest the cosmos pendant. Btw it can be used as a brooch too if u detach the chain from the pendant. Double functions!

I think the cosmos mop is easier to maintain vs the vintage Alhambra mop which is flat nacre and in contact with the skin when u wear it.

For the cosmos mop pendant, it's the pin catch / back of it that will be in contact with the skin. Just be careful not to drop it, I was told, as the mop could crack. HTHs

Thank you valnsw! It's really helpful to hear feedback from someone who owned both. Your comments helped my decision. I will get the Cosmo first, and then decide later on earrings vs another pendant this year. I'd so glad to hear that MOP can last long too. I guess that makes sense, thinking of pearls shown in museums. Will VCA MOP turn yellow though over years?

Do you all buy from a local boutique or online? I have just realized there's no tax buying online (our local boutique is in NM). That's 10% of difference for me. I was told that I can still get the chain extension for free. The person over the phone said I could simply bring the piece bought online to boutique and they will send to NY to extend. But I wonder if there's a way to attribute my purchase to the SA who helped me. Otherwise I'd feel bad to go trying things out next time.

Thank you valnsw! It's really helpful to hear feedback from someone who owned both. Your comments helped my decision. I will get the Cosmo first, and then decide later on earrings vs another pendant this year. I'd so glad to hear that MOP can last long too. I guess that makes sense, thinking of pearls shown in museums. Will VCA MOP turn yellow though over years?

Do you all buy from a local boutique or online? I have just realized there's no tax buying online (our local boutique is in NM). That's 10% of difference for me. I was told that I can still get the chain extension for free. The person over the phone said I could simply bring the piece bought online to boutique and they will send to NY to extend. But I wonder if there's a way to attribute my purchase to the SA who helped me. Otherwise I'd feel bad to go trying things out next time.

I only had my cosmos mop pendant for a year now so I can't comment if the mop will turn yellow with time. But so far it has been ok since it's not a daily pendant for me.

I bought from local boutique as there is no online presence in my country.
I think VCA SAs from the boutiques in general are nice, not pushy, not sure about NM ones as I don't have the experience dealing with them.

Perhaps others can chime in.

Reactions: Xerneas