fringed woven hobo

codyntara

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
Has anyone seen the large woven fringed hobo. It is on the Neiman's site, and I think it is very cool bag, but wondering what you ladies all think.

codyntara

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
This fringed hobo?

I personally like the veneta without fringe, but different strokes for different folks.

Yes this is the one. I can't decide. Something throwing me off, although I love fringe. I think it would have looked better if bag was not woven.

LLANeedle

O.G.
Oct 5, 2007
Maryland
I agree with you. When I first saw it I was put off but couldn't figure out why. The fringe and the woven leather; it's just too much.

grietje

O.G.
Oct 18, 2007
It's quite groovey. But I do wonder about the longer term wearability. The fringe is fun and more casual and would look terrific with jeans and a simple top. Not sure how great it would look with summer dresses and shorts. I also think it's a bit of a stretch for the office.

TraciFred0426

May 15, 2012
I think fringe is too trendy rather than classic. However, I like this one better than a few seasons back --- that one looked like need a haircut.

Oct 17, 2007
Seeing the Neiman's pic, I immediately loved it! It just looks so fun and casual!!

But then I went to the BV website and saw the mod pic...nope. It just looks weird when it's being worn; I think the fringe is too long, too thick, and I don't like how each piece of fringe is attached with a stud.

shiba_inu

O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
For me, this bag looks unfinished. As if after weaving it, someone forgot to trim the excess leather strips. I would be tempted to get out a pair of scissors. It looks unbalanced with all the strips that visually weigh it down. I do agree that it might work with the long strips as trim on an unwoven bag.