Friends on DVD . . . . is it worth it?

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
I love the idea of being able to watch an episode of Friends any time I want. Plus, the DVDs have a bunch of cool features.

On the other hand, Friends reruns are aired every day.

Help! Give me some more reasons for or against!

(If I were to buy them, I'd start with the later seasons first. Eventually, I would like to own them all, but, you know, one step at a time.)

Last year for black friday my friend bought 3 complete sets of Friends. One to keep for herself and two for friends. She gave me one and to tell you the truth I never watch them. I think it's nice to have it on dvd though because on TV they play reruns out of order and always play the same ones over and over again. On DVD you can watch all of them in the same order. The complete set comes in a really nice case. Mine is red. Then all the seasons are in separate little books with a picture of each character on it. It's pretty expensive but she got them for like $80 on Black Friday.

DH bought me the whole 10 seasons box set (more of a gift for both), but I have to say we watched them all in some intensive weekend sessions, and never used it again.
I'm still happy I have it, but more for a "sentimental" value, since Friends is one of my favourite series of all time.

I am actually planning on buying the all seasons set ! I love watching full seasons of favourite shows when i want to and as many episodes i want to. I think it is defnitely worth it !

It depends, as others have pointed out. I personally don't think it is worth it, b/c at least 4 channels on my satellite thing have various episodes on at all times of the day. If it was something like an HBO series- like Curb w/ Larry David, I'd say worth it, b/c you don't see reruns or seasons played in full all the time, on TBS, like SATC.