Friends/family knowing your ebay ID?

babypie

Jun 3, 2007
So a while back, maybe a couple of years, my sis-in-law somehow found me on ebay. How or why anyone would/could do that is beyond me. She asked once "are you XYZ on ebay?" My user ID on ebay pertains to a family pet and she somehow knew it was me, she made a comment once about all the "crazy expensive shoes with the red soles you've been buying". Probably because she saw me buy them on ebay and then saw me wearing them in real life.

Ever since then I figure she checks my ebay account to see what I've bought. Not that I really care and don't want to make my feedback private. Anyone else have a family member/friend who "tracks" their ebay purchases?

Oh crap, now you know she's telling everyone in the family how much you spend on shoes...I don't get why some people are so nosey! Why on earth does she think she even had the right to even say anything to you about it?

I bet she spends money on something that you think is "crazy", but the difference is you could care less.

It takes a bit of nerve to comment on anyone's shopping habits, and you're a better person than I for taking it in stride. Personally I'd change my user name, it's just not anyone's business what I pay or sell anything for.

I hate when people do things like that. I don't share my ebay name with very many people...just a few know my selling name. I have a different name for buying that no one knows. I find this is the best thing to do.

So a while back, maybe a couple of years, my sis-in-law somehow found me on ebay. How or why anyone would/could do that is beyond me. She asked once "are you XYZ on ebay?" My user ID on ebay pertains to a family pet and she somehow knew it was me, she made a comment once about all the "crazy expensive shoes with the red soles you've been buying". Probably because she saw me buy them on ebay and then saw me wearing them in real life.

Ever since then I figure she checks my ebay account to see what I've bought. Not that I really care and don't want to make my feedback private. Anyone else have a family member/friend who "tracks" their ebay purchases?

I know what you mean! Some people are just really nosy. I occasionally help my mom list things on eBay since she's so bad at using the computer:P. Anyway, she told her sister and one week later her sister said she's seen our account and what we've sold. Idk how she found us though.
It must take some skills lol.

Its pretty easy to find out a anyone's ebay id if they talk about their purchases.

"Aren't these xxxx great? I bought them on ebay for $4.59."

Then all you would have to do is search completed XXX and look for the one that sold for $4.59. Then look up the buyer's id.

Moral: be careful discussing your ebay purchases.

Yeah I've had a family member check my listings. Made me feel really uncomfortable, not that I did anything wrong or sold gift I'd gotten from them, but still.. I wanted to keep that private..

I have a very nosey & competitve family member that watches what I buy & sell on eBay. I think she really enjoys knowing other peoples' business, it's crazy.
OP I wouldn't worry about it, if she mentiones anything about your purchases I think she's the one looking pathetic. Some people should go get their own life.

Its pretty easy to find out a anyone's ebay id if they talk about their purchases.

"Aren't these xxxx great? I bought them on ebay for $4.59."

Then all you would have to do is search completed XXX and look for the one that sold for $4.59. Then look up the buyer's id.

Moral: be careful discussing your ebay purchases.
Aahh that's probably what she orignally did a couple of years back. Geez, who even thinks to do that, much less has the time? LOL