Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

From the top down, the first picture, they look fine. Don't make your feet look big at all IMO. From the bottom up, the last picture, they are not a flattering look. Can you take a mirror off the wall and prop it against furniture so that you approximate the floor mirror found in shoe salons?

I've had stuff packaged carelessly or irresponsibly, too. It's pretty annoying and disrespectful.
Unfortunately the only mirror I have hanging on a wall that I have is full length and is hung pretty securely. For the last picture, I placed my phone on the floor at an angle similar to an angled mirror. I think I can do much better than these! I also think the black on the shaft is lightly different from the black on the shoe.

@cafecreme15 I like the shaft of those boots on you, were they stretchy? Look forward to seeing your new ones.
Thanks! They were stretchy. I do much better with boots that have shafts made of stretchy material or tight suede because it conforms to my legs.

Reactions: prepster
Oh you are so kind thank you!

I haven’t quite figured out how to tame the pouf to be honest. PbP recommended the bias fold and that helped a lot. I don’t know if the older moussies are just pouffier or what. A shawl ring helps too:

View attachment 3881077

The purse forum has done it again. Seeing your scarf ring makes me need something I didn't know I needed before. You look great.

Reactions: prepster and Pirula
View attachment 3880629
Lol! I know, what is that about not wanting to get rid of old socks? I asked DH if he was deprived of socks as a child. Or if he survived some sort of sock famine. Did he, like Scarlett O'Hara resolve never to go sockless again? He has so many socks I can hardly get the drawer closed anymore.

Thank you for making me laugh out loud!!!

Yes, thanks to tPF enablers - today I received my Renapur leather balsam (thanks PT), tomorrow I receive 7 pairs of darn tough socks (thanks MOMA), and I guess next week I will be sleeping on some silk pillowcases.

I’m also two sessions in to electrolysis (so frigging painful) and am looking forward to being defuzzed eventually.

I’ve done my legs only once. It’s sooooo expensive. I am trying to bite the bullet to continue the process. The pits and bikini were done years ago and SO WORTH IT. I’m so lazy.

Reactions: Moirai and prepster
So, a couple of months ago I bought that encyclopedia of H scarves (Carres d'art II) and the author just sent me a (real! with paper!) announcement of her new book, called "Carres d'art III Illustrated Dictionary & Rating of Hermes Scarves". From the page shots it looks like larger pictures than in II, as well as some source shots. Someone mentioned in the SotD thread that the author had contacted them saying it would also include creation stories, but I don't see those in the page shots. She offers a pretty decent promotion through the end of the year, so I'll give it a shot and let y'all know if it's worth it.

Also she included an invite to something called the Vintage Collector's Fair to be held in Paris early next month, which looks lovely and expensive. Details at www.thevintagecollectorsfair.com - mods please remove if this is too ad-like.

So, a couple of months ago I bought that encyclopedia of H scarves (Carres d'art II) and the author just sent me a (real! with paper!) announcement of her new book, called "Carres d'art III Illustrated Dictionary & Rating of Hermes Scarves". From the page shots it looks like larger pictures than in II, as well as some source shots. Someone mentioned in the SotD thread that the author had contacted them saying it would also include creation stories, but I don't see those in the page shots. She offers a pretty decent promotion through the end of the year, so I'll give it a shot and let y'all know if it's worth it.

Also she included an invite to something called the Vintage Collector's Fair to be held in Paris early next month, which looks lovely and expensive. Details at www.thevintagecollectorsfair.com - mods please remove if this is too ad-like.

Thank you for the info. I’ll need to get that book. I have the same one that you have.

I will be in Paris for this vintage fair and I am planning to go. I’ll report back,

Oh you are so kind thank you!

I haven’t quite figured out how to tame the pouf to be honest. PbP recommended the bias fold and that helped a lot. I don’t know if the older moussies are just pouffier or what. A shawl ring helps too:

View attachment 3881077

Wow, that's really pretty!

Yes, thanks to tPF enablers - today I received my Renapur leather balsam (thanks PT), tomorrow I receive 7 pairs of darn tough socks (thanks MOMA), and I guess next week I will be sleeping on some silk pillowcases.

I’m also two sessions in to electrolysis (so frigging painful) and am looking forward to being defuzzed eventually.

Lol!

It's not all spend, spend, spend though....thanks to feedback here, I cancelled my purchase of the the grey suede SW AllJack boots as I didn't really need them, and they felt a bit baggy around the ankles. I did momentarily get tempted by the grey suede Lowlands but when I tried them on, they just didn't wow me at full price.

I got tempted because I wore my plum ones, and they were so comfy, that I considered getting the same heel height in grey. I even tried the midlands in black. (Ahoy matey!)

Top left and clockwise...plum lowlands with navy dress, grey all jacks, grey lowlands side and front view.

Attachments

• 128EE415-5F36-416C-97EB-A96AA0FF9331.jpeg
    128EE415-5F36-416C-97EB-A96AA0FF9331.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
And outfit of the day - Pucci pants, H Iris scarf, Prada booties, Chanel navy/black wool tweed jacket, BV Parachute bag. The OTK and Knee high boots made winter skirts (and shorts) a practical solution, so I rarely wear pants these days, but once every couple of weeks they make a nice change. In the past I had been known to wear pants/leggings almost exclusively from Nov to March.

Attachments

• A8443050-B34B-41C2-A0B4-896AC190A0AD.jpeg
    A8443050-B34B-41C2-A0B4-896AC190A0AD.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 266