Friends Chat Thread: Wardrobe, Fun, and Whatever

To get the ball rolling, I am going to share my newest joy. I had been eying her for a long time trying to decide if she was awesome or just plain goofy. Pocketbook Pup and Momasaurus pronounced her to be awesome and gave me the nudge I needed to hit “buy it now”.

Neither the seller nor Bababebi knows the name of her model. Bababebi thinks she may have only been sold in Japan. She is a 2002 model in Raisin box. She looks like a skinny precursor to the Toolbox. She is a little narrower and a little taller than a 28 Kelly. My favorite thing about her is the closure mechanism as it is minimalist modern.

I am accepting naming suggestions for her. Preferably something that sounds faintly Japanese.
View attachment 3800863
View attachment 3800864
View attachment 3800865

Corde you for sure have excellent google skills. I wouldn't have found it. This is a piece of treasure that you could wear for a lifetime.

I only know Ann's and sometimes I check eBay. But since my friend ended up buying a fake birkin from eBay that cost her $8000, I am afraid of purchasing anything on eBay. I also know the Christie's auction web but the price is insane there.

Reactions: prepster
Corde you for sure have excellent google skills. I wouldn't have found it. This is a piece of treasure that you could wear for a lifetime.

I only know Ann's and sometimes I check eBay. But since my friend ended up buying a fake birkin from eBay that cost her $8000, I am afraid of purchasing anything on eBay. I also know the Christie's auction web but the price is insane there.

Thank you. I tend to like the off beat stuff that other people don't notice. That is why I sometimes have to get reassurance my choices aren't laugh worthy.

That is horrible about your friend. Did she get a refund?

Hi guys! I'm popping in quickly. I'll catch up and contribute later. I just wanted to say how excited I am for this thread. Im branching out into different brands so I love that there is s place for us to discuss fashion that isn't brand specific. My latest obsession is Alexander McQueen but more on that later...[/QUOTE]

Oooooh That is an unpredicted variation form your Chanel. I am getting interested in Tom Ford.

Eagle I didn't see this earlier comment from you because it was captured in your quote of me. Forgive me for missing it and not responding.

This is so cool!!! Love this bag! Such an elegant take on the toolbox.
And the raisin is such a wonderful nuanced color looking different ways in different lights. Oh, this was truly the right decision, Cordy.

Thank you. Moma pointed out to me that this was one of the periods of raisin that was more purple and less brown. That made me love it even more.

Cordie, I love your new bag. Raisin box leather. And the hardware is so clean and contemporary. It's just perfect. So glad it worked out well and that you like your twilly, I'm on the hunt fir a matching one for you.

Momasurus don't let my downsizing of scarves get to you. You are a true collector and I think you can have as many as you want. I think of a lot of Hermes accessories as kind of folksy in that it seems artistic and eclectic with a slant toward natural materials. So I'm sure your accessories come together quite well. In fact I know they do. If you have some older gap and Ann Taylor I'll bet they are quality pieces. I have a twenty year old Ann Taylor dress that's probably as well made as the Dior dress I recently purchased. I wish I had saved more over the years. When I go through my closet to organize and weed out I try to think about what the team on what not to wear would say about each piece. I'm guessing you have some great basics. If you want to add a few pieces to update and upgrade things (other than your fabulous bags and accessories) I would vote for perhaps a well made versatile jacket or coat of some type. I also find that updating my shoes really updates my whole look.

So eagle, Your DH saved your magazines? That's so very sweet. I really need to get rid of my old fine cooking magazines. I finally stopped subscribing because I do not really use them lately. I have a few favorite cookbooks or I look something up online.

Genie, papertiger and cremel, glad to see you here. Cremel so sorry about your friend. A few of my bags came from resellers, I use bababebi's assistance and I have been fine. But it's scary.

Scarf1, absolutely, return it. Nordstrom is wonderful. Maybe someone out there is looking fir just that blouse.

As for me, I am gradually whittling my scarf collection down a bit. I'm not a true collector so I feel like I should only keep what I love and use. I try to use how I feel while wearing the scarf as my primary criterion for deciding.

I'm still loving my Chanel tweeds. The prefall collection is 70s themed so I'm totally in. I have a few pieces coming from alterations soon to share. But I'm trying to branch out of my comfort zone a bit and not stick to plain vanilla all the time. Dharma recommended Alexander McQueen pants to me so I purchased a new wide legged pair that I'm excited about. They will be back from the tailor this week. Their blouses are also quite interesting.And I made an addition to my boot wardrobe.

Tom Ford. His things are very sexy. Let's hear more.

hope you will soon post some of your wonderful outfits

I will post my outfits here!!! Since I don't always wear Chanel or H, but still like to show my outfit and look for tips, this is a perfect general thread.

I have a question - I had bid on an item on eBay, and was the only bid until the last five seconds when there were 2 new bidders, one of whom won the bid. I wasn't crazy desperate about the item, so no big deal, but I am wondering about these last second bids. I would have gone up a few bucks if I'd known they were going to sweep in at the end.

Is there some ebay magic I don't know about?

Reactions: momasaurus
You . . . are . . . truly . . .thinking . . .of . . .downsizing . . .your . . . good. .. scarf . . . collection???? But you wear the scarves so well!

I have very mixed feelings about that. I suppose everyone goes thru cycles of acquisition and de-acquisition with collectibles. But you have a very good eye., a superb eye!

Remembering from just yesterday your fab Au Vie du Grand Nord collection. . . . . .Well, if you do downsize your collection at least you have a choice of accessories to go with the seasonless or classic choices you are aiming for!

This is a chicken & egg question -- what should come first, the scarf or the classic garment? I think the scarf.
Well, I get to the point when I think - I just have too many scarves!!! My thinking at the moment is: which scarves have the same effect as far as color/attitude/effect - if you know what I mean?

I decided a while back to get rid of my large collection of Threads and Vogue Patterns magazines. I decided they were taking up too much space in the bookcase.
This spring there was some work being done in my bathroom so I went to use DH's. And what did I see but a huge pile of those magazines. DH had retrieved them or just plain not tossed them b/c he'd thought I'd regret the decision. Which was right.
I tend to be somewhat impulsive in tossing stuff.
:panic::panic::panic:

Glad you are here. I think I should get first dibs on Moma's rehomes, because my scarf collection is so humble, it needs help.
I am happy to put some scarves in zip-lock bags to show you, LOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: prepster
I will post my outfits here!!! Since I don't always wear Chanel or H, but still like to show my outfit and look for tips, this is a perfect general thread.

I have a question - I had bid on an item on eBay, and was the only bid until the last five seconds when there were 2 new bidders, one of whom won the bid. I wasn't crazy desperate about the item, so no big deal, but I am wondering about these last second bids. I would have gone up a few bucks if I'd known they were going to sweep in at the end.

Is there some ebay magic I don't know about?

I am by no means an expert, but I think it is called swiping. I looked it up because this happened to me several times. In fact, I am always shocked if I win an auction on eBay because the price usually goes up by hundreds to thousands in the last few seconds. Some people just wait until the last seconds to is, and that works for unpopular items. But most serious bidders apparently use something called a swiping service, I'm not sure if it's a paid service, but it uses a computer to bid at the very last second, faster than any human could put in a bid. It's not something I would do, but I was curious about what was happening.