Friends and designer bags

ang3lina33

on a shopping spree...
O.G.
Aug 1, 2007
City of Angels
No... :sad: If something happened to it, they wouldn't be able to afford a replacement for it and Im out major $$$$$$ I work hard for my handbags

dramakitten

Feb 1, 2009
ABSOLUTELY NOT.:nono::nono::nono: The ONLY exception I have to this rule is my best friend who is super careful, always returns and should a problem arise, would replace it w/ whatever I wanted!

QueenLouis

O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Near Chicago
Nope. As ang3lina33 said, my best friend could never afford a replacement if something happened. And besides that... most are not replaceable with a new one.

bao

May 18, 2007
I feel the same way especially since I work hard and save up for all my purchases and get heat when I buy stuff like that. For someone to judge me for spending money on stuff like bags and then ask to borrow doesn't sit well with me.

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
No way! Unless it was a very very very special occasion and it was a very very special friend!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I've given my friends (and family) bags that I have no more room or desire for

but if you mean loan one of my state of the art, heart stopping treasures that cost more than was sensible

if they actually asked I'm not sure they'd know me well enough to ask KWIM

Coz if they were a close friend they would KNOW the answer.

That goes for all of my wardrobe:

My aunt once made a future 'bid' for my Sonia Rykiel hat - I pretended I hadn't heard.

louch

Jan 15, 2009
Western Australia
Nope. None of my friends are remotely interested in purses, have no idea how to look after them or what they cost. Way too personal for me - I would be SO angry if anything happened to them...