Friend will be in Paris next week - what bag should I ask him to get for me?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
    Hi all,

My bf's friend will be in Paris next week and I'm asking him to help me buy a bag while at Paris... :yahoo: I'm contemplating on which bag (birkin / kelly) to ask him to get for me. Which one (meaning kelly or birkin, what leather, what color and what size) will I have a better chance of scoring???? Since he doesn't know my style much, I need to be very specific. (no black / white though)

Of course I'd like to get maybe a kelly flash :graucho: (very rare rite now in the city I live in) or a seasonal color birkin (maybe the new Ruby or those candy-like SS2011 colors such as rose T or Mykonos blue, etc but is it too early?), but I am worried it'll be a very slim chance if I tell him to get that for me...

What is a very frequently available yet awesome color / type of leather so that it's easier for him. Is box more available in Paris since it's more popular there?? I also prefer gold hardware and it is more available in Paris? In the country I live in, ppl prefer PHW and it's difficult to get GHW.

Opinions? Many many thanks!!

2. No response. I guess my question was too vague. Let me rephrase it if you will.

What is the easiest to get color / leather for birkin or kelly in Paris? I know it all depends on luck but on average, which is most common? Is it easier to get kelly than birkin? (for colors, excluding black / white please)

Many many thanks!!! =)

3. Stock is very limited right now. I think it would be safer to have a more expanded list (that includes non-Birkins and Kellys) if you want an H bag and do not have a connection or pre-existing relationship with the store, to avoid disappointment.

4. Maybe a kelly pochette or a Kelly danse or a Kelly longue!I think they are lovely and maybe your friend has more chance to find them than birkins, IMO..Hope it helps:flowers:

5. I don't know if anything is "easy" at FSH. Based on your "done list", you could use a nice red Kelly. I would give your friend a list of "do not buy" colors.

The "easiest" place would be Japan...