Friend insulted me/my bag!

why was she fishing for compliments on her bag when she already showed it to u before? that alone shows how she likes being the centre of attention. so when u showed her ur new bag, the spotlight suddenly shifted and focussed on u instead of her. thus the hater comment. sounds to me like she's insecure about herself and hatin on u when u grabbed her spotlight. the green eyed monster! :boxing:

What a hater. You can't let people like that bother you. Did I mis the pic's of your Galliera. I'd love to see it.

I did post a pic yesterday, but here they are again since you missed them. Sorry about the "loud" and somewhat non-LV-friendly top...I didn't change before pics!

Attachments

• Galliera.jpg
    Galliera.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Galliera On.jpg
    Galliera On.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 61
<:bagslap: slap her with your bag and tell her 'YEAH it's BIG'...<kidding kidding...pls don't do it>

If it were to be a good friend of mine, I would tell her honestly she hurt my feelings. It is not about the bag but rather I think you were shocked by that comment.

If it is a casual friend, make it a point not to share any of your joy with her cos obviously she is killjoy...

Enjoy your pretty bag...;)

Seriously, I forgot to add, I think you rock that bag and that size is just perfect on you ;)

[In any case, a re-evaluation is definitely in order just for your peace of mind.
I myself have weeded out the negative factors (haters and eggshell people included) in my life and am in a much happier, peaceful and better place emotionally, mentally and believe it or not, physically.]
[/quote]

ITA. I think we put up with toxic friends because 1) we are comfortable with/used to their negativity, 2) we don't know how to get rid of them, 3) we use the excuse of "but he/she has other great qualities as well".

OP enjoy your fabulous bag. Obviously your friend has no tact or class so therefore what does her opinion really matter? Ditch your friend, not your bag!

<:bagslap: slap her with your bag and tell her 'YEAH it's BIG'...<kidding kidding...pls don't do it>

Hehe.

I would also be insulted and tell her honestly if it was a good friend. We all are bag addictited and are always very proud of our new bags and she should understand that. So I would also guess there was some jelousy coming out.

Let ne tell you - the bag really is gorgeous ans it does look great on you! So be confident about it! :tup:

I agree it was quite snarky. For me I would snap back with (mock horror).... "I'll be sure to take you with me next time so that I don't make another tragic mistake"

Rather than be hurt (as is justified) just turn the whole thing on them and make them feel wormy for the rude comment.

Well, I think she might have a competitive spirit and needs to be the centre of attention, or have the nicest things just to show that she is worth something. U know us gals.. we naturally b***h when we see a gorgeous woman, or someone with a gorgeous bag which we can't have... it's simply envy. B***hing makes us feel better abt ourselves.

Of course, when u pulled out ur LV, it was like a slap in the face to her..esp when u made a fuss with her over her new bag at the beginning. I guess she took it the wrong way and got the impression, like "yes, ur bag is nice, but my new LV bag is better". So that's how her silly comment came about.
It was her way of "attacking" you cos maybe, she somehow felt like she lost the "bag contest"? Or maybe she thinks that it was a mockery cos it obvious that you had the better bag, but why did you fuss over her bag in the 1st place?

Just throwing ard some thots here on what may have been going on in her mind...

Of course if you feel uncomfortable, you might what to re-evaluate your friendship with her...