Fridge life and freezing questions

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been wanting to make a few things, but my husband is deployed so it is just me at the moment. I was wondering if you all could tell me what the fridge life is for cake batter, cookie batter, bread dough, and alfredo sauce. Also if they could all be frozen or not. I was thinking about splitting it up and making a small batch of each maybe once a week. TIA :smile:

2. All of those things can last in a fridge up to a week.

Cookie batter (dough) can be frozen easily, 3-4 weeks.
    Cake batter does not freeze well at all. I'd avoid it.
    Bread dough can be hit or miss. It needs to be wrapped tightly in saran wrap.
    Alfredo sauce can be frozen easily, 3-4 weeks. After that it can lose its consistency.

3. Thank-you! Im glad to know they can all last in the fridge that long. I always throw stuff out after 3-4 days, so this is good to know. I made bread tonight, so I split it in half and baked one and stuck the other in the fridge to bake next week.

4. It's important that your fridge is the correct temperature. 35-38 degrees is ideal. :smile: