Friday night eye candy

I have been in love with the Olympia since someone posted a picture of a red one. After reading some reviews I talked myself out of it and last night decided to buy another Pillow instead.

This morning I clicked on purse blog and Megs has a review on the mini Olympia - she loves it. My problem is I think it's dressy looking and San Diego is ultra casual. The pillow fits in better here, it's quiet and nobody knows what it is. I lead a quiet life.

I guess I need a few more days to decide.

Maybe we could here from more Bvettes who bought this bag and how they like it.

This is me in the store last week trying on the medium Olimpia. I think it looks very casual.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462299160.987744.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1462299173.604281.jpg

What kind of reviews did you read about the Olimpia to make you change your mind?? I am going to Nice in France in a few weeks and I am thinking of buying a small or medium Olimpia. I have not seen any reviews and would love to know if there is any cons to the bag.
I also live in a very casual area and that is why I am planning to buy this bag. I have two Chanel bags (Reissue 226 and m/l classic flap) and I hardly use them at all cause I feel like this area were I live is not the place for Chanel bags. The Olimpia feels more like a casual bag to me and I love the style [emoji173]️
I have read that, after time, the corners of the flap can turn up a bit. I don't know if that's from opening the bag by lifting up the corners or if it happens due to something in the design.

What kind of reviews did you read about the Olimpia to make you change your mind?? I am going to Nice in France in a few weeks and I am thinking of buying a small or medium Olimpia. I have not seen any reviews and would love to know if there is any cons to the bag.
I also live in a very casual area and that is why I am planning to buy this bag. I have two Chanel bags (Reissue 226 and m/l classic flap) and I hardly use them at all cause I feel like this area were I live is not the place for Chanel bags. The Olimpia feels more like a casual bag to me and I love the style [emoji173]️
Some Bvettes didn't like the chain handles and said it rubbed on the leather.

I think I'm comparing the Olimpia to the Chanels. I put my Chanels away because I thought they were too dressy for my casual lifestyle. All though the starlets in LA take their Chanels with everything. I probably won't be happy until I try it out. BV is doing consignment now so I can try a couple of sizes and decide.

Oh, that doesn't sound nice. Have you seen a picture of this??
No....I have no personal experience with the style. I just read it somewhere. It may be inaccurate. Perhaps an SA could verify whether or not its accurate. I wish I could remember where I read it, but I can't. There's also the possibility that it only happened with that one bag that was described.... I wish I hadn't even mentioned it since I can't verify it's validity. Oops. Sorry.

Last edited:
No....I have no personal experience with the style. I just read it somewhere. It may be inaccurate. Perhaps an SA could verify whether or not its accurate. I wish I could remember where I read it, but I can't. There's also the possibility that it only happened with that one bag that was described.... I wish I hadn't even mentioned it since I can't verify it's validity. Oops. Sorry.

It is ok. Do not worry. [emoji2][emoji106]🏼

Some Bvettes didn't like the chain handles and said it rubbed on the leather.

I think I'm comparing the Olimpia to the Chanels. I put my Chanels away because I thought they were too dressy for my casual lifestyle.

I often wear my small olimpia crossbody with t-shirt, jeans, flip flops/sandals, with 2 small kids in tow. Re: the curling up of the edges of the flap, I see it happening a little bit when I overstuff my bag. I have also noticed a little bit of loss on the brunito finish where the chain and the D-ring rub together, but it is so minor that you have to inspect quite closely to see it. Neither of these really bother me though.

I'll mention one other thing. I have this habit of opening the car door, taking off my crossbody and throwing it on the passenger seat in one swoop. Because I have a bad aim, the chain sometimes doesn't land on the seat perfectly and rather bang on other parts of the car, and the sound still surprises me. This does bother me a little, as my leather-strapped crossbodies do not complain loudly when they land on the passenger side door.

But all in all, I love this little bag.

I purchased the large Olimpia in Camel but returned it. It was much heavier than expected (even though I had tried it on before) and the divider in the center of the bag, while needed from a structural perspective, made carrying my things awkward.

I didn't own it long enough but do recall comments about the finish on the chain wearing faster than expected. Again, I didn't own it long enough (like two days) to have actual 'flap-curving' but I could definitely see how it would happen over time.

I think it's a marvelous looking bag. Really chic and I wish I could get past the weight and limited functionality (for me that is).

I am loving my small Olimpia and trust me, I am casual! I tend to buy what I like and not worry about such things.
It isn't nearly as heavy as the large but still holds enough.
I have the Duo also and notice the chain rubbing the rings, but not enough to bother me. I assume the same will happen to this bag.

I love it as a crossbody. Hits me just right and is lightweight. It's def one u need to try before buying.

After reading these posts I decided to order the Olympia.

My SA in South Coast is sending me the two middle sizes - small and mini. There is also a medium and a baby size.

I also did an Olympia search on here and read the posts - that gave me more info. Everyone that has one is happy with theirs.

I'll let you know what I decide.

My SA in South Coast is sending me the two middle sizes - small and mini. There is also a medium and a baby size.

I also did an Olympia search on here and read the posts - that gave me more info. Everyone that has one is happy with theirs.

Please post comparison pics. I'd like to see the difference. Hope you like one.

Wow--I didn't know there were 4 different sizes! I'm excited to see which colors you're sent, and to hear your thoughts on the bag.

Correction -

There are 3 sizes of the Olympia bag - med, sm, baby.
The mini is a messenger bag and not part of this group. It does look a lot like the Olympia.

Sorry to give the wrong information.