Fresh from the spa but came back worse!

Bring the last photo you have of the bag. I know you probably don’t have anything that has that detail, but just in case maybe look. Also, replacing hardware isn’t difficult. They should do that.
My guess is that the cleaning agent was too acidic and pooled in the areas near the rivets and that’s where it took off the plating.

I have never seen this before. Since there are no stickers on it, it is clearly not caused by stickers and trapped moisture. It's the copper under the gold plating that is coming up from corrosion. At those points, the nails have been pearled, and some of the gold plating comes off, allowing for moisture (or a liquid) to corrode the metal below. Maybe this was caused by a cleaning solution as the plaques on the sangles don't have it, which would make sense as they are pulled out during a spa, making them not in contact to what was used to clean the front panel.

• Insightful
Reactions: shrpthorn
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I don’t have a close up photo of the area before I sent it to the spa. The good thing was that it was checked by my SA and he confirmed that the area where the leather had scratches needed repair and nothing else. I don’t know if he took photos before for documentation.

The stickers are not on, I immediately remove them for fear of tarnishing.

Good thing is that the boutique is responsive and they want me to bring it when the artisan is there so he can check. Will update soon!! ❤️

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately I don’t have a close up photo of the area before I sent it to the spa. The good thing was that it was checked by my SA and he confirmed that the area where the leather had scratches needed repair and nothing else. I don’t know if he took photos before for documentation.

Good thing is that the boutique is responsive and they want me to bring it when the artisan is there so he can check. Will update soon!! ❤️
Hoping all goes well for you. Surely, they will see that the cleaning agent corroded your plate. Hugs and support to you.

That's a very good point. I took a bag for simple spa pre-covid and I am sure pictures were taken - it would be best practice.
If your SA had seen the wear, he should have made a record as an insurance against claims that damage occurred in their hands.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry this happened to your bag. I hope the store will resolve this issue quickly and not give you a hard time.

Quick question… how long did it take for you to get the bag back from the spa? I’m thinking of sending my Kelly in for some work on the hardware and some scratches on the corners but I’m afraid it will take a year to get my bag back. Just wanted to set expectations. Thank you!