French Purse - Opinions Please!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello everyone. I am looking for a fuller sized wallet... I have the zippy coin purse but find this a bit small for everyday use. I do not like very large wallets so full size zippy/Sarah etc are out. I love the look of the French purse but just wondered what your opinions were? If you have one is it practical and nice to use? Do you think it is a little outdated or just vintage chic?!

After looking at a few wallets in store the only other one that I quite liked is the clemence which is totally different. I know that zippy wallets are very in fashion right now but I am usually drawn to styles that aren't zip around.

Any thoughts opinions or photos would be much appreciated. Thanks. :smile:

2. I've had my French purse for 12 years and it's been brilliant. Some of the stitching started to undo at Christmas so I took it in for repair. It had a festive holiday in Paris and came back looking fab! It cost £20. I like the size of it and hopes it lasts another 12 years and then some!

3. Do you have it in canvas or vernis? Do you mind posting a picture after 12 years of use? Thank you very much.

4. I adore it regardless of the fashion of the day. I think it's timeless.

5. I have one in mono and one in vernis. I use them all the time. They are so easy to get into and hold alot of cards and receipts in the side pockets. I just love mine. They wear like iron and don't take up too much room in my purses. I have a zippy wallet, but tend not to use it because it is heavy and I get tired of zipping and unzipping.

6. I don't own one but I think they are beautiful and timeless. I'm considering one myself but I'm going back and forth on the mono or an Emp Compact Cruieuse. I really love the French wallet in Amarante Vernis but I don't want to spend $1000 on a wallet!
    Which color/pattern are you considering?

7. I love French purses. They are my fav style. It's compact while still being functional and very lady like. I actually have a Gucci one that I have been using for one year and it's my only wallet. I used to have an MK long zip wallet, like a zippy but realized I don't like zippers in my wallets. I am also particular with how my cards sit. I like them horizontal and not vertical. For me there are only 2 brands that do that. Gucci and Longchamp. I adore the look of the LV one I feel it's timeless and classic but out of my price range for a wallet.

8. French purse is sweet, especially in Vernis, IMO. Love it. Not big but functional. I have seen other wallets from LV that are bigger/bill size but don't quite hold much. If you like color and shine, I highly recommend Vernis!!!

9. I have the newer model in mono. Has a good number of card slots and good sized section for coins. I love it! Fits most all my bags (except evening bags). I haven't used any other wallet since I got it!

10. Was thinking of selling mine and now you all have convinced me of all the reasons to keep it. :smile:

11. is this wallet being discontinued?

12. Timeless.

13. I have French purse and I think it's very practical. I can use it with purses or with my crossbody bags with no problem.

14. I think they're discontinuing the Epi version. If you select Epi, it redirects to the wallet section.

Sent from my Passport using PurseForum mobile app

15. Thank you so much for this positive vote for the French purse that is great news to hear it has lasted so long. I just hate having to change my wallet and like mine to last a few years. Can I ask what canvas/leather you have?