French people : which product do you use ?

Nov 4, 2009
I'm new to Balenciaga, and I want to protect it as much as possible. The products adviced on the forum can't be bought in France (but can be found online I guess).

What do you french people use to take care of your bags ?

Thanks !

I'm new too (1 month) but I asked the sales lady in the store, and she told me to buy a cream available at Lancel, not very expensive and perfect for a soft cleaning from time to time. She told me that some people use products on new bags in prevention, but she disagree with that, telling me that it can change the texture of the leather or even the color...

Lol !! I can't believe I bought all these bags in one month !! I would have preferred to spread all those shopping sessions over time, but the thing is I looked at all the colors, past & present and I realized the F/W 2009 colors were really my favorites !! Because they are very sweet (Tempête, Noix, Galet...). The problem is you have to rush to get them because they're disappearing from the stores :sad: And in the meantime, I saw my HG available for a good price (the 2003 blue) !! :biggrin:

As the colors you wanted were starting to get rare, you were right to buy them as soon as possible ! The only trouble is that you may find another perfect colors in future collections :smile:

Right now, I'm so in love with my black city that I can not imagine wearing another bag, but I just NEED a makeup pouch, in a bright color. :smile:

ahhhaa !! I can totally understand that, a black RH city is one of the best !! It might definitely be my next purchase :graucho: The good thing is I don't need to rush to get a black City...But it looks so good, I don't know if I'll wait any longer :P

Maybe you should rush too, the leathers can be so different :smile: (I'm giving you an excuse to buy a new one :smile: )

I got a S/S 09, and it is gorgeous ! The others black cities they had in store were really different, the leather was too distressed (I hope it's the good word : en français : craquelé) for me, and they almost looked blue in the store. I had to ask the sale lady if it was really a black bag. They were beautiful, but mine is more supple and a true black, which I preferred.

Thanks for the advice !! I'm just like you, I don't like very distressed bags, they are too marbled and veiny. I think there are several threads about black bags, i'm going to do a research, I read something about about "Jet Black" or "not jet black". Maybe that's the difference

Yes, I was told mine was Jet black, I guess it is because it is a stronger black. It still has grey undertones, but I love that :smile:

I guess they have quite a lot of black cities in store, it must be a best seller, so you can ask to see several bags and choose. I'm not sure I would have bought the one that was exposed in the store (that's what I'm saying now, but I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to control myself :smile: )

Hum, I bought the Lancel Cream yesterday. I used it on older bags I have, who needed a little refreshment, and as the sale lady told me I could put some of it on my new bag to protect it. So did I. My bag looks great.

But I just looked at the back of the bottle, and it says :

- in french : "ne pas utiliser sur agneau plongé et daim"
- in english : "do not use on lambskin".

Is there a difference between "agneau plongé" and regular agneau ? Or are they just the same ?

My bag looks better than before I used it, it didn't alter it at all, so, I'm confused !

Do you think it's safe to use it again ?