French or Continental?

gunsandbanjos

May 29, 2011
Edinburgh
I'm on the hunt for a new purse, currently using a plum Lizzie Continental and love it. Fancy a bit of a change as don't want my Lizzie to get too knackered!

I like the continental style but kind of fancy the French style too...

Any opinions on either? Pros and cons welcome:biggrin:

Lakrits

Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 27, 2009
Sweden
I'm on the hunt for a new purse, currently using a plum Lizzie Continental and love it. Fancy a bit of a change as don't want my Lizzie to get too knackered!

I like the continental style but kind of fancy the French style too...

Any opinions on either? Pros and cons welcome:biggrin:

Never had a Continental so cant compare. But I love the French. Roomy and with lots of different compartments. Good size for all types of bags.

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
London
I have a silky snake French purse and love it. It's really roomy, I've always been able to fit everything in it, but it's smallest enough to fit into small bags. I think it even fits well in my Lily's .

daisyw

Apr 16, 2013
I prefer continental. I just find the size/shape better. But if you already have continental, maybe french would be a nice addition!

Mammee101

Apr 13, 2014
I have both sizes and prefer and use the continental more, I use
The French one when I'm going out and only need one or two bank cards and a bit of cash.

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
UK
I love my continental - perfect size for daily use - and have an ID purse for travelling.

Love the look of the French purse, but don't think it would work for me as an everyday purse...

chloe-babe

O.G.
May 1, 2006
United Kingdom
I dont do large purses so have never been tempted by the continental

I have several french styles - they are perfect - fit notes beautifully, easy to get in and out of, and so much space for coins and cards - nothing to not love about them at all really! :yes:

Gracie12

Apr 25, 2014
Northamptonshire UK
I have both sizes and prefer and use the continental more, I use
The French one when I'm going out and only need one or two bank cards and a bit of cash.
I agree with this, I have both and tend to use my french with my lillys and sml alexa and the continental with bigger bags - so I would say go for french then you will have both options!

gunsandbanjos

May 29, 2011
Edinburgh
Thank you lovely ladies, think I've decided on French now. Only problem is which one??

Quite like the look of oxblood tree French purse. Or oak maybe?

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
I dont do large purses so have never been tempted by the continental

:yes:
I was the same until my other half bought me a Continental. I love it and it still looks new even though it kicks about at the bottom of my bag.

Me too, and I like the little tree rather than the plaque on the front. Bit more subtle.

Just need to find somewhere with a discount now, refuse to pay full price!
I really like the tree on the purse. As you say, it's more subtle and classy. Let me know if you find one in a sale! :smile: