Food french macaroons

So I tried the recipe Neeya posted. They came out really well! Or at least they look incredible. I haven't actually eaten them yet, because I was sort of distracted by the leftover chocolate ganache filling, and now I can't eat a thing.

My one problem was that this simple recipe ended up making the kitchen look like it had been blown up. But that was mainly my fault. And the pastry bag's fault for exploding. But it was super easy, and I definitely recommend it!

So I tried the recipe Neeya posted. They came out really well! Or at least they look incredible. I haven't actually eaten them yet, because I was sort of distracted by the leftover chocolate ganache filling, and now I can't eat a thing.

My one problem was that this simple recipe ended up making the kitchen look like it had been blown up. But that was mainly my fault. And the pastry bag's fault for exploding. But it was super easy, and I definitely recommend it!

Oh I'm so jealous!!! LOL! I haven't had the time to make them yet, I bet they taste amazing!

They really are amazing! Thank you so much for posting that recipe! :flowers:

Any recommendations for other fillings I could use? I absolutely adore dark chocolate, but with the cream and the butter it was a bit too much!

yum laduree! Some of the ships on princess cruise lines have very similar macaroons in their coffee bar in the atriums. I made BF sneak a bunch of them onto his plate so I could have extras on vacation!

2370490726_72fc7a52a8.jpg

if you live in florida, Paul bakery has them. i tried out macarons and other treats from Paul in paris. :drool:

We were on a cruise last year, and while driving from the port (Le Havre) they stopped at a gas station. There was a Paul inside, and we bought the most amazing croissants. The didn't have macaroons, which are my mom's fave though. She was looking so forward to getting some while we were there, but we didn't have time to bakery hunt. I did find a place here in AZ that makes them though!

Williams-Sonoma has 24 macarons for $49 at their website. I saw them in a catalog and immediately recalled someones's avatar.:smile: Now of course I see it's Azia's. It's beautiful, by the way.:tup: