French luxury group LVMH offers to buy U.S jeweler Tiffany: sources

So it is a hard no on the stock, huh?
I mean I still think Arnault is ruthless and viciously smart enough that they can ride out current covid/covid after affect. I just never did OTC, I mainly do index or equity markets(got out of bonds in case of inflation issues).

But also I don't know how much longer I can feel ok buying LVMH.. on one hand.. major greed and monopoly issue, fair enough capital market and the goal is clear. On another hand, I do love how much they champion arts.. but that's another really complicated issues..

Ugh.. I better get some of their iconic silvers and Peretti then.. big big eye roll..

But it is smart moves. LVMH is very savvy in business.. if their stocks weren't OTC/pinksheet I would've purchased long time ago. I just hope that when they do "iconic", they don't go down the road that LV has been doing.. LV's idea of "iconic" has been more of "fast fashion" in my opinion.
I am with you! I am going to check out all the Peretti pieces again. My gut says they will do a price hike which is not the end of the world, but if they discontinue it, ugh... I will regret being lazy and not buying it now because I always thought the pieces will be around forever.

I am with you! I am going to check out all the Peretti pieces again. My gut says they will do a price hike which is not the end of the world, but if they discontinue it, ugh... I will regret being lazy and not buying it now because I always thought the pieces will be around forever.
It depends though.
If the licensing agreement expires in 2043. The foundation can decide to reissue whatever they want.
Will there be a premium for Tiffany/Peretti label?

I think it's an interesting concept, but I think they missed their target audience.
I clicked to see the rings, and I saw four diamond sizes in the platinum. The small was 1.00-1.24 ct, then 2-2.5 ct, then 3.92 ct, then the largest at 4.30 ct.

I would dare say the majority of couples getting engaged are young couples, and I honestly cannot see a young gentleman buying diamonds this size. More importantly, because engagement rings have typically been for women... well, for me, if I am getting engaged, I want my rock to be bigger than his! If he's getting a 4.30 ct, I am going to insist my rock be twice the size... 8.6 cts and nothing less for me! :biggrin:

So... I think Tiffany totally missed the target audience on this one. But that's just me... they'll probably sell out like hotcakes. Who knows.

Any newly engaged or soon to be engaged folks out here? I would love to hear your thoughts?
Hi newbie here , I purchased my husband his own engagement ring over 20 years ago that he wears with his wedding band , Platinum with diamonds he loved the idea 20 years ago and still loves his ring now. I believe there is a market for it just not sure how big it is and with a lot of younger people being minimalist the price and size probably should be taken into account with lots of options :smile:

I use so many products with the not your mothers, not your daughters…
If anything, it lacks creativity and originality.
But guess what?
People are talking about the brand….this was exactly Alexandre’s objectif.
not bad.
Very true. These questions still remains: Will younger people buy Tiffany because of it? Does it slow sales for a while because people found it offensive?

I saw people talking about this on TikTok today. Seems even a lot of young people are confused by this move in the comment section. Even the supposed target audience is saying they associate Tiffany with class and sophistication and they actually want to inherit timeless Tiffany pieces from their moms. Many also expressed how they loathe Tiffany over uses the word “drip” on their website just to appeal to younger people haha. Not to mention y2k trend is coming back… Could this be a miscalculated move by LVMH? We’ll see…

I saw people talking about this on TikTok today. Seems even a lot of young people are confused by this move in the comment section. Even the supposed target audience is saying they associate Tiffany with class and sophistication and they actually want to inherit timeless Tiffany pieces from their moms. Many also expressed how they loathe Tiffany over uses the word “drip” on their website just to appeal to younger people haha. Not to mention y2k trend is coming back… Could this be a miscalculated move by LVMH? We’ll see…
I’m ready with my Heart Tag Toggle Necklace and Heart Tag Bracelet- definitely need to buy new Juicy Couture wardrobe because this mama is not the same size anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: - bring on the Y2K trend:lol::lol::lol: