French Gray vs Dust Storm - which is the darker gray?

htabby

O.G.
Apr 10, 2010
Hi, I am new to Tory Burch and am looking at purchasing a purse. It is between french gray and dust storm but I haven't been able to find a comparison picture of these two colors.

Is anyone familiar with these two colors and have them both? I would love to see a side by side comparison photo. I know I want the darker of the two but I don't know which of these two colors would be a darker gray?

Thanks for your help!

Alcat34

Apr 2, 2015
Anyone? I would really appreciate if anyone could comment on which is the darker gray if you have seen both. Thanks.

Hi there! Sorry that I don't have two to put together, but I did some looking online and I found dust storm (the one on top). That looks to be natural light. I have a York tote in French gray and here's what it looks like (bottom).
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452219264.481314.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1452219280.352087.jpg

It looks to me like dust storm is a tad bit lighter. I hope that helps somewhat!! It it helps I am absolutely in love with the French gray color (:

htabby

O.G.
Apr 10, 2010
Hi there! Sorry that I don't have two to put together, but I did some looking online and I found dust storm (the one on top). That looks to be natural light. I have a York tote in French gray and here's what it looks like (bottom).
View attachment 3234474
View attachment 3234475

It looks to me like dust storm is a tad bit lighter. I hope that helps somewhat!! It it helps I am absolutely in love with the French gray color (:
Thanks so much for the photos - it does appear that the french gray is darker - looks very nice!!!!

Apr 12, 2006
I have both. A dust storm wallet and french gray purse. French gray is definitely darker. It's more like a taupe. I can't remember where I put my purse but if you look in the "pics of your Tory Burch" thread you will see several pics of french gray items.