French Co Eclair Zipper Repair

Anyone have suggestions on where I can get my eclair zipper repaired on a vintage papillon? I heard the LV store will no longer repair French Company items.

I would first ask lv. Are you in the US? If yes and lv won’t, try Rago Brothers. They have a free mail in service. They do a lot of high end repairs for various designers and my local lv recommends them as well. Good luck.

F
Can any one shed some light on this? I have never heard of this before. What is French the company? :confused1: Thanks in advance.
The French company was an american luxury suitcase and travel accessories company, they had a deal with Louis Vuitton to make pieces for solely the American market during a time when the LV production capacity was well below what it is today, they used similar materials, canvas was often slightly different in colour, leather was completely different, no LV zippers, no date code, and there were never any upside down LV's on any part of the bags. They had this deal from the '70s to early '90s and were commonly sold at department stores such as Saks fifth avenue which is why many have a Saks fifth stamp inside. They will have a paper ticket inside that says made by French Co under license from Louis Vuitton Paris. They were at the time considered lower quality and were shunned by many foreigners as they were seen as LV cheapening themselves for the US market however now they are seen as rare collector's items. LV themselves will often no longer even mention them as it was something they like to keep in the past.

F

The French company was an american luxury suitcase and travel accessories company, they had a deal with Louis Vuitton to make pieces for solely the American market during a time when the LV production capacity was well below what it is today, they used similar materials, canvas was often slightly different in colour, leather was completely different, no LV zippers, no date code, and there were never any upside down LV's on any part of the bags. They had this deal from the '70s to early '90s and were commonly sold at department stores such as Saks fifth avenue which is why many have a Saks fifth stamp inside. They will have a paper ticket inside that says made by French Co under license from Louis Vuitton Paris. They were at the time considered lower quality and were shunned by many foreigners as they were seen as LV cheapening themselves for the US market however now they are seen as rare collector's items. LV themselves will often no longer even mention them as it was something they like to keep in the past.
Thanks a million. I wasn't aware of that at all. Sounds very interesting. Do you have any websites or sources in which I can do further research on this?