Free silver necklace for the jobless or foreclosed from Fox Fine Jewelry

pcil

Living life to the fullest
O.G.
Oct 20, 2008
Silicon Valley
Fox Fine Jewelry, along with 45 partners nationwide, is giving away free sterling silver necklaces, valued at $99 each, to anyone who has recently lost their job or home. From their site:

"To claim your free necklace:

Individuals can receive their necklace by bringing in proof of their job or home loss, such as a letter of foreclosure or termination, along with their identification. One necklace will be given per person."

Here is a list of participating jewelers: http://www.foxfinejewelry.com/masterjewelers.php

matelasse2

Feb 9, 2009
i guess it's nice of them to do that, but it's not like the people who go in will be in a position to buy more? maybe they hope to win them as long-term customers (for when they get another job)??

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
Kentucky
When I click the link I get a "page cannot be found" message....I was going to look for my mom since the bank just foreclosed on her house because she couldn't afford it anymore after my dad died in October and they refused to lower the payment. ;(

lantana19

Jul 7, 2008
There's a jewelry store that I used to go into all the time growing up and one near Houston doing this. This is so strange!

LulaMaeBarnes

Jul 4, 2008
US
What are they thinking anyway? Hey you lost your house but here's necklace so you feel better??? How about instead of giving away free necklaces they take all that money and idk pay off someone's mortgage who's about to be foreclosed on so they aren't kicked to the street?

Kansashalo

O.G.
Sep 10, 2006
In the south
Given this economy, I'm sure people aren't buying jewelry like before so maybe giving money isn't possible. I think this is sweet and really nice.

If you can't give money, it is still important to give what you can (and in their case, its free silver necklaces).

HitchcockBlonde

Bag (and shoe) lady
O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
I think they think people will remember them when they get back on their feet with a new job or new home. And I think it will work. Very nice.