Free shipping? Ya...right!

designer1

Jul 23, 2010
After ordering a few days ago, only because there was FREE shipping to Canada ( rare moment), I received the order today, and of course, I was charged shipping. I called to ask why, they put me on hold for 10 minutes, then said "yes you were charged shipping, may I put you on hold to see how we will deal with this"? After another 10 minutes on hold I hung up (the call is costing me money), so who knows how or if they will refund the shipping. That is the last time I order from Coach. I'm sure I'm not the only one they charged shipping , and I'm sure they know how to deal with it. Not rocket science, simply credit my charge card ..no?? Guess I'll stick with the LV's...no surprises, no disappointment there...ever!!

A hold that long for a simple fix is kinda ridiculous. Send an email and state you were holding long distance and had to hang up and that you would like your card credited for the shipping charge.

It scares me as I live in Canada too. I'm still awaiting the parcel (I ordered the items on Boxing Day, and 1 of them was backordered. WTH, don't understand how come they let me proceed the order). If they really put a shipping charge on me. I will never buy from Coach FOS. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

A hold that long for a simple fix is kinda ridiculous. Send an email and state you were holding long distance and had to hang up and that you would like your card credited for the shipping charge.

Oh I did that!! I expect I will have to call again in a couple of days to make sure I get that credit. I also hate how their prices vary from day to day online too. I stopped at the Cookstown mall outlet (Tanger outlet now) and the sales agent said "today there is 30, 30, 10% off). I said, "explain that please". She said "take 30% off the price, then another 30% off that, then 10% off at the cash." Very weird I thought. I see the bag I bought online at an $ 80 cost to me, and it would have come out to about $ 150 still. Such a big price differential.

I haven't received my package yet due to holidays. But I've checked my credit card statement and I was NOT charged for shipping.

how much tax and duties (%) did they charge you?

I haven't received my package as well, but just checked my credit card statement and it charged me almost 30% tax and duties, so I really suspect that they charged shipping costs on me. ><

I will not make any purchase from Coach in the future. It really pissed me off.

Last edited:
cadt said:

I haven't received my package as well, but just checked my credit card statement and it charged me almost 30% tax and duties, so I really suspect that they charged shipping costs on me. ><

On all of my other orders I've done, taxes and duty were just as much as shipping. With this sale, my estimated tax and duty came to about $20 or so. You should be angry with our government, not coach lol.

cadt said:

I'd say it was about 15% on mine.

So I received my package today bright and early.... 8 am. :smile:

My invoice: 2 purses @ $56.07 = $112.14
Shipping/Duty : $11.78
Tax : $16.11
Total : $140.03

Not bad if I say so myself. I purchased the Daisy Hobo in black signature and berry gloss.
The day after I purchased these, they raised the price to $90 which I didn't understand because it was the same sale but whatever.... I'm happy!!

So I received my package today bright and early.... 8 am. :smile:

My invoice: 2 purses @ $56.07 = $112.14
Shipping/Duty : $11.78
Tax : $16.11
Total : $140.03

Not bad if I say so myself. I purchased the Daisy Hobo in black signature and berry gloss.
The day after I purchased these, they raised the price to $90 which I didn't understand because it was the same sale but whatever.... I'm happy!!
Hi CeeBe, thanks for your response and shared info.

I called Coach yesterday and they told me I was charged the shipping fees. I felt angry because I didn't expect that they put the shipping fees on me, so the amount charged on my credit card statement made me dismayed (almost 30% taxes and duties). They said they would credit my account for that overcharge of shipping costs.

Additionally, I ordered 2 items, but 1 of them was backordered. I didn't understand how come they allowed me to proceed the purchase for this "out of stock" item that really upset their customers like me.

Another matter made me uncomfortable was DHL. I was not at home (apartment) upon package delivery, but simultaneously I received NO call from them for package arrival or they did not leave the package in the parcel room at my building concierge. So no matter if I was at home, I was still unable to get the package.

Last edited:
cadt said:
Hi CeeBe, thanks for your response and shared info.

I called Coach yesterday and they told me I was charged the shipping fees. I felt angry because I didn't expect that they put the shipping fees on me, so the amount charged on my credit card statement made me dismayed (almost 30% taxes and duties). They said they would credit my account for that overcharge of shipping costs.

Additionally, I ordered 2 items, but 1 of them was backordered. I didn't understand how come they allowed me to proceed the purchase for this "out of stock" item that really upset their customers like me.

Another matter made me uncomfortable was DHL. I was not at home (apartment) upon package delivery, but simultaneously I received NO call from them for package arrival or they did not leave the package in the parcel room at my building concierge. So no matter if I was at home, I was still unable to get the package.

I was still in bed when DHL came to the door and didn't answer it in time. The guy was already half way down my driveway by the time I came to the door. The package was just sitting on my doorstep. I'm lucky that my house is far away from the street and I have no close neighbours. Otherwise I would be stressing about it as well. I received no shipping confirmation whatsoever.
I was actually crossing my fingers hoping that I was going to get both. When I went to check out, the berry coloured one was highlighted in red and said something like 'the quantity wasn't available' or such. I went through with it and it let me purchase both amazingly. I was half expecting an email saying it wasn't available after the fact but I lucked out.
Their website has so many glitches whenever there's a sale going on.
Sorry you had a bad experience :sad:

I just received my package today at the office (plum perforated duffle) after a failed DHL delivery attempt at my home on New Year's Eve and yesterday, both days when I was working.

The invoice does not state that shipping was charged but my total did come out to be $140 after tax and (I assume) duty. Throughout this whole process, the most aggravating thing has been the actual physical delivery so take what you will from my story.