Free Refurbishing from Chanel for 1 year

azaelea

Aug 10, 2006
i went to the chanel boutique to pick up my black metallic 226 the other day and the sa was telling me that chanel offers free refurbishing for a year. if your bag is dirty or a little worn, just take it to them and they will make it new again. however, it's only free for a year and i'm not sure how much it could wear out in a year...

i asked him if they treated the bags at all, and he said that they put a protective treatment on the bags to make them a little more durable. i don't know how accurate that information is since i was asking in reference to the black metallic. for that bag, he said that they would treat it so that it becomes a little more water resistant.

i'm definitely going to take my white bag in after the summer and have them refurbish it so it'll be all ready for next spring/summer!

ps. sorry if this is widely known, i have just never heard of it before.

A silly question...how will they know it's less than 1-year-old? we have to keep the receipt? What if the purse is a gift & purchased from somewhere else? I order my bag from SF, but I'm in Canada. I didn't use my cc to pay, but my BIL's US CC. :confused1:

Chanel have records of your purchases, I have used this service before, I did not had my receipt but give them my info. they search and founded it, and replaced a broken zipper and clean my bag at no charge.

Will it take long for the refurbish? hours? days? months? I know it's kind of early to ask this. I only bought the bag less than 2 weeks. But better to know sooner. Unfortunately, my SA didn't tell me all details as I ordered via phone.

ceci- they told me that it would take about 4-6 weeks... so you really have to be ready to part with your bag for a while to let them fix it up. i wish it would take a few days! i would go like every month for a year to keep my bags in pristine condition lol.

poosdarling- yes the first year that you own the bag. however, i don't think they'd be too strict about it. like if you had it for a year and a month or something and wanted it refurbished i don't think they'd split hairs. at least i hope not...

there's another aspect to this i was thinking about ... if you buy a bag on ebay or something that came out the current year, then you could take it to them to get authenticated right? you could say it was a gift, and since you could have only owned it for a year, they wouldn't need to look up whether you purchased the item. if they accept it for refurbishment, then that means it's definitely authentic!

I didn't know that! What a great thing, thats why I love chanel lol! Well when I eventually (really long time from now) get one, that is a must! :lol: