Free Haircut

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Most salons participate in this, if you are in the market for a MAJOR trim of 10 inches of hair or more, you can get a free haircut! Call your salon in advance to see if they participate in the "Locks of Love" program, I plan to have 12 inches of my hair cut the day before my birthday and the salon told me it was free if I donated the hair to Locks of Love, a program that sends your hair to a company that will make a wig for a child with cancer. I did this about 4 years ago and had 2 feet of hair chopped and sent to Locks of Love, I will do it before my birthday as a way to give, my greatest love is giving, it is much more fun than getting, and how simple can it be? Chop off all this hair, get a free cut, and give to a child, it doesn't get any better![​IMG]

2. MIB...that's a wonderful thing that you do.
    You truly are a wonderful person!

3. i did this about 4 years ago as well, right before i started my soph. year at a new college; donated about a foot. it's great - dont forget to tip your stylist though! :smile:

4. I've done that a couple of times. I don't have enough hair right now though. :sad:

They send you a nice thank you later too :biggrin:

5. I donated my hair to Locks of Love about 2 years ago and the salon I went to charged me full price. :confused1: Guess I shouldn't go back there.

6. What a nice idea! I would definitely do it, but I don't have that much hair!

7. My dad did this. I would too but I have nowhere near enough hair to loose.

8. lol my friend did this. i was so proud of him :smile: he look horrible with the long hair though! LOLOL!