Free GIA online classes (re: Diamonds, Colored Stones, Jewelry)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. https://www.gia.edu/limited-time-offer-enroll-GIA-essentials-elearning-courses-no-charge

For jewelry and gemstone aficionados, the GIA is temporarily offering three of its online classes for free due to the COVID-19 crisis. (Move through the entire registration process and the enrollment fee will be waived at the end.)

Just wondered if some jewelry lovers might be interested; this could be a worthwhile way to pass the time while in quarantine.

2. Thank you! I have been wanting to take some of their classes! I started doing some metal smithing but they also have great classes on gemstones and pearls too! I will check it out.
    Have a great day!

Nibb and papertiger like this.
  3. No worries and I hope you will find the courses useful. Good luck and enjoy! :flowers:

chloebagfreak likes this.
  4. That's so lovely of you to pass that on @sparklebunny :flowers:

JessicaRabbit1 and chloebagfreak like this.
  5. Thank you!!!

sparklebunny likes this.
  6. Someone else passed me the info, but it was my pleasure to share it!

papertiger likes this.
  7. sparklebunny likes this.
  8. Thank you for this! I've been needing something to occupy my time and I haven't found much that's sparking my interest. This may well do the trick! :smartass:

sparklebunny likes this.
  9. Oh wow, thank you! I was just thinking the other day how I'd love to learn more about jewelry.

10. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing!

11. Thanks!!

12. I can't do free enrollment for course GE 110D jewelry essentails. IMG_8275.jpg

13. Hi Nyein -- Click "Continue to Payment" and it should work. Your screen shows account balance as "$0.00" so should be free

14. This is so cool - Can't wait to start! Thanks for sharing :flowers:

15. Has anyone started their class yet? I have some questions to ask. It is all online learning with NO tutorials? Can I register for this class if I don't live in the States?