Tech free Excel download?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't have Excel on my computer as I rarely need it. Is there a free download available for Excel or similar spreadsheet program? I looked online but it's hard to be sure which "free" downloads are safe.
    thanks

2. open office

3. If you use Gmail or have a Google account, you can use Google Sheets and it'll work fine for most Excel files. If using Gmail, just hover over the filename and click on either "Save to Drive" or "Edit with Google Sheets". Otherwise just go to Google Drive directly and click on "Upload" to upload your file.

4. Yes, You can try Google Sheets.

5. As mentioned earlier, Open Office is a reputable alternative for Excel. LibreOffice is another.

Google Sheets - I think that's probably your best bet if you're starting a new spreadsheet. I've never imported an Excel ss into it though, so I'm not sure how well that works, but it sounds from sea_phoenix's post above that that'll work a-ok.

If you're looking to open, but not edit, an already existing Excel ss, I'm pretty sure Microsoft has always made available a free Excel reader downloadable program for just that purpose (and same for MS Word files).